Sunday has been a very good day.
The lathe was a VERY good deal given that it included the machine and a lot of tooling, jacobs chuck, micrometer, dial gauge, knurling whatsit and so forth for small numbers of money.
It has had a malady in its life, it took a hit some-when sufficient to grenade its 3 jaw chuck (it arrived with an independent 4 jaw, which I am happy about)
This event had left the mildest 'tight spot' in the 'work area' and there was some anxiety about potential damage to the ways. Happily I located this tight spot to a burr on the rack which the carriage drives along and 5 mins work with a small file has restored the tooth profile to the rack (which could be replaced for £30) and the lathe is now smooth.
Long story short, my end cap anxiety is behind me so long as I can work out enough of this machine to create reliable o-ring grooves :)
One thing that's been holding me back on the sub front is the very very kind supply of the tiny receivers, 4 outputs and much more suited to the narrow confines of small subs than the 8 channel ones.
I got the transmitter to agree to send the 3 position switch in lieu of channel 4 but was left with a servo on channel 1 which jittered and acted oddly. I assumed some mixer function was getting in the way and was angry that I had removed channel 4.
It's taken FAR FAR too long for it to dawn on me that I needed to reprogram the rx via the tx to disable RSSI on channel 1 of the RX. My servo was dying in the maelstrom of channels 5-16 yelling digitals, lol.
These things solved, it's back to carving out plastic to get propellers into my banana shaped hull, sob.