The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For a guide to past events see the "Shows and Events" section.
Bournville MBC on Sunday 11th August 2024, 10.00 i
::::

Papplewick Pumping Station Sub Weekend, 14th & !5th Sept 2024

P~~~

$$$

Who is online?

In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» David Forrest's R class
Hobby King EmptyFri Jul 19, 2024 1:00 pm by david f

» Futaba -868/915mhz equipment
Hobby King EmptySun Jun 09, 2024 10:47 pm by tsenecal

» Darnell type 21 submarine, need some help
Hobby King EmptySun Jun 09, 2024 9:35 am by Deep Diver (Fred)

» Robbe Seawolf V2
Hobby King EmptySat Jun 01, 2024 1:15 am by geofrancis

» bladder bags
Hobby King EmptyTue May 28, 2024 8:30 am by Deep Diver (Fred)

» WW2 mini sub build
Hobby King EmptyWed May 22, 2024 8:10 am by david f

» Peral Submarine of 1888
Hobby King EmptyMon May 20, 2024 1:00 pm by david f

» U-Boat R/C?
Hobby King EmptySun May 19, 2024 11:02 am by stig58

» Cheap Arduino Auto leveler
Hobby King EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:53 pm by 17b

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 12476 messages in 1986 subjects

We have 1017 registered users

The newest registered user is Bazdiving

3 posters

Hobby King

Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Hobby King Empty Hobby King

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:02 pm

How on earth do these guys do it? I've just bought this:

Hobby King RP6D1

Corona Synthesized Dual Conversion Receiver 6Ch 40Mhz

Throw away your crystals, say goodbye to glitches! The new Corona synthesized receiver is here!
    This unit will work with existing Synthesized transmitters or crystal transmitters. In fact the accuracy of this receiver will improve the performance of all 40mhz crystal transmitters.

The new technology put into the synthesized series of Corona receivers is truely outstanding and will certainly make you think twice about upgrading to a more expensive 2.4GHz.

Spec.
    Size: 36x18.7x8.2mm
    Weight: 9.2g
    Distance: >1.5Km
    Sensitivity: +/-8kHz at 65dBdown
    Channels: 1-8
    Filtering: DSP
    10.7Mhz
    +10dBm

Total price...£14.03, including air mail postage to my door. I ordered it..paid for it via paypal, and so far I've three emails from Hobby King detailing the progress of my order from opening their website order page, through to telling me that my order is now in the queue for dispatch.

It's cheaper than anything I could find in the UK by far, and the service from these chaps is ten times better. I have the four channel version, but I needed the six channel one for the Lafayette.

Is it any wonder that British retailers are in decline?
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

Hobby King Empty Re: Hobby King

Post  david f Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:50 am

That looks incredible, Richard!

How do you set the frequency?

(Don't tell me - a programmable plug in for £59.99 ?!)
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:58 am

Same as the four channel one I already have, David...a very similar process to binding a 2.4Ghz tx to rx.

Switch the tx on...press a tiny button on the underside(I used a blunted cocktail stick for this)and sit back...there's a tiny LED which flashes all the time the rx is searching for the tx signal. Once it stops flashing, the rx has received the information it needs from the tx...switch the rx off, switch the tx off, switch everything back on and the job is done.

This is the four channel one I have: HERE

Hobby King Rp4s110

And this is the information on the four channel rx, 'borrowed' from Hobby King's website...

Corona Synthesized Receiver 4Ch 40Mhz

Throw away your crystals, say goodbye to glitches! The new Corona synthesized receiver is here!
    This unit will work with existing Synthesized transmitters or crystal transmitters. In fact the accuracy of this receiver will improve the performance of all 40mhz crystal transmitters.
    The RP4S1 is the smallest and lightest synthesized system available today. This small size does not impact on reception quality or performance as this unit has the longest range available from any Corona receiver plus a sensitivity greater than 2uV. Tests have shown the range to be more than 1 mile!

The new technology put into the synthesized series of Coron receivers is truely outstanding and will certainly make you think twice about upgrading to a more expensive 2.4GHz.
    Take a look at Coronas website for more details;
    http://www.corona-rc.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=56
    Spec.
    Weight 0.14oz/4.0g(without shrink wrap)
    Sensitivity about 2.0ìV
    Selectivity ±8kHz at 65dB down
    Number of channels 1-4
    Filtering Dual turned RF circuitry
    Filtering Dual 4 pole ceramic filter
    Filtering DSP filtering in MCU with mild algorithm
    Shift polarity Positive or negative (auto-detect)
    Case Shrink wrap
    Operating Voltage 4.8V~6.0VDC
    Operating Current 11mA
    Modulate FM/PPM(pulse position modulation)

*(version2) unit has been revised with the following resolutions;
    -Increased binding with various branded radios.
    -Corrected servo locking issue.
    -Corrected Channel 2 jitter issue when used with certain Transmitters.

It's a tiny piece of equipment as well, which makes for easier installation, plus there is no dedicated battery plug, you simply plug the power supply into the nearest set of pins.
    Resolution Rog
    Resolution Rog

Post  Resolution Rog Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:05 pm

am I understanding this right! I switch on my trusty 40Meg transmitter fitted with my 915 frequency crystal and this receiver will lock on to it as though it were a standard receiver? Can anyone else use 915 at the same time?

Roger
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:58 am

When you turn on your tx, the receiver will lock onto to it's signal and bind to that signal, much like a 2.4Ghz set up...it takes a second to do and then that's it, job done.

You are still transmitting on a standard 40Mhz frequency, in your case 40.915, so nobody else can use that frequency all the time you are using it....you still need to observe the old "what frequency you on, mate" routine. The beauty of these synthesised receivers is that you don't to worry about changing crystals in your receiver again, a real bonus, as most of us have the rx tucked away somewhere in the depths of the wtc.
    If you can get to your rx easily and you need to change frequency for some reason, all you need to do is to install the different crystal into your tx, and then press the little button on the receiver to rebind it, and that's it...job done.

We really need someone like Ramesh (or Andy) to explain it all properly, but I hope I've helped answer your query, Roger.
    Resolution Rog
    Resolution Rog

Post  Resolution Rog Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:21 pm

many thanks Richard. Sounds good to me.
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:25 pm

I've had no trouble at all with the four channel version Roger...it's in the Kilo, surrounded by electronic bits and bobs, plus the battery pack, and it's never even glitched once.