The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For further details of any events shown here also see the "Shows and Events" section on the forum

*HOPING FOR A BETTER 2021 AND MORE OF THESE EXCELLENT FREE EVENTS ALL AROUND THE COUNTRY!

CANCELLED because of coronavirus. Papplewick Pumping Station, Nottingham, Sunday 12th & Monday 13th April
CANCELLED because of coronavirus. Bournville Sub Day, Sunday 10th May 2020

. ,

(CANCELLED) Submarine, Boating & Sailing Weekend, Norwich MBC, Weekend of 25,26th July

,./
Model Boat Convention, Haydock Park (Cancelled this year)

CANCELLED. Bournville Sub Day, Sunday 13th September

(CANCELLED) Club Submarine Regatta, Furness MBC, Barrow in Furness, Sunday 20th Sept 2020

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 11232 messages in 1837 subjects

We have 874 registered users

The newest registered user is Momoff

Similar topics

John Lambert plans for WWII British T Class sub 3rd. series, unmodified.

tiger.tim

John Lambert plans for WWII British T Class sub 3rd. series, unmodified. Empty John Lambert plans for WWII British T Class sub 3rd. series, unmodified.

Post  tiger.tim on Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:07 pm

Hello everyone,
      here is a copy of a posting that I have just put on Model Boats.com forum

"I hope that someone can help me with a small problem. I am currently building a surface running British T class sub, 3rd. series. eg HMS Talent, Tabard, Tiptoe. John Lambert produced a wonderful set of plans showing external details such as weld lines, rivet lines etc. Unfortunately since John's death the plans are no longer available. (post war modified HMS Tabard is) . If anyone has a set of plans for HMS Tabard etc (unmodified) that they could lend or sell me, I would be extremely grateful.
      I have made a 1/40 scale model from Malcolm Taylor's plans (Sarik Hobbies) but it is a plain hull without any detail. If anyone has any information about added detail eg guns , plating etc. that I could examine, please let me know.
      Best wishes to all and keep safe,
      Tim"

To reiterate, the hull is made but is smooth and I need details about surface structures such as plating,draining holes  (particularly those on the deck) etc. If anyone can help me I would be most grateful

Current date/time is Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:32 am