The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For a guide to past events see the "Shows and Events" section.

Papplewick Pumping Station SUBMARINE Day. 31st March - 1st April 2024.

$$$

&&&

::::

Who is online?

In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» Newbie needs advice!
Letter to BMFA to request the sharing of the 35MHz frequency for model subs in the UK. EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 1:58 pm by david f

» Modulated electric fields for submarine communication in a "heads up" from Harry!
Letter to BMFA to request the sharing of the 35MHz frequency for model subs in the UK. EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 6:09 am by geofrancis

» 868/915 Mhz as a viable frequency for submarines.
Letter to BMFA to request the sharing of the 35MHz frequency for model subs in the UK. EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 5:48 am by tsenecal

» Laser cut Robbe U47 conversion
Letter to BMFA to request the sharing of the 35MHz frequency for model subs in the UK. EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 3:40 pm by david f

» ExpressLRS - 868/915 Mhz equipment
Letter to BMFA to request the sharing of the 35MHz frequency for model subs in the UK. EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 3:27 pm by tsenecal

» Information on camouflage patterns for German seahund
Letter to BMFA to request the sharing of the 35MHz frequency for model subs in the UK. EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 4:36 pm by david f

» WW2 mini sub build
Letter to BMFA to request the sharing of the 35MHz frequency for model subs in the UK. EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 1:56 pm by geofrancis

» Not the hobby I expected :)
Letter to BMFA to request the sharing of the 35MHz frequency for model subs in the UK. EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:30 pm by cat

» Sheerline gasket material
Letter to BMFA to request the sharing of the 35MHz frequency for model subs in the UK. EmptyMon Feb 19, 2024 9:24 pm by Michaelc

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 12449 messages in 1981 subjects

We have 1010 registered users

The newest registered user is Chris Shelley

2 posters

Letter to BMFA to request the sharing of the 35MHz frequency for model subs in the UK.

david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

Letter to BMFA to request the sharing of the 35MHz frequency for model subs in the UK. Empty Letter to BMFA to request the sharing of the 35MHz frequency for model subs in the UK.

Post  david f Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:41 am

Hi AMS Member,

The letter shown below is a formal request from the AMS which I hope is self explanatory.

There is a chance of success and I will keep you posted.

Kind regards,
    David Forrest

Copy of letter for your information:

Hi,

Re: Allowing the sharing of 35MHz with model submarines?

I wrote to Fred Body (then on the BFMA Committee) about this 8 years ago. The position was then that the BMFA could not allow other users on 35MHz.

I emailed Fred again in April this year and he suggested that I contact the BMFA again to see if the position had changed in any way. Hence this letter.

By way of an update and an introduction, I am the Treasurer of the Association of Model Submariners and we represent about 100 model submariners in the UK. (That is about the total number.) The situation regarding supply of commercial r/c equipment has not improved. 40 MHz gear has long ceased to be available. 2.4GHz does not penetrate water and so is not much use to us. This means that newcomers to our hobby are particularly disadvantaged by having to buy, increasingly rare, second hand gear.

However I do notice from conversations with model flying friends that 35MHz is almost unused now and I see considerable quantities of good quality second hand equipment on eBay (and presumably in model flyers garages!)

So I am asking as a representative of a small but threatened hobby, would you be prepared to allow model submariners to share 35MHz (for model submarine use only.)

David Forrest
    Treasurer - Association of Model Submariners

geofrancis likes this post

geofrancis

Letter to BMFA to request the sharing of the 35MHz frequency for model subs in the UK. Empty Re: Letter to BMFA to request the sharing of the 35MHz frequency for model subs in the UK.

Post  geofrancis Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:31 am

Im not sure the BMFA could actually do anything about it. they have no legal authority.

david f likes this post

david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

Letter to BMFA to request the sharing of the 35MHz frequency for model subs in the UK. Empty Re: Letter to BMFA to request the sharing of the 35MHz frequency for model subs in the UK.

Post  david f Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:41 am

I have had a reply from the BMFA to say that the 35MHz frequency is still in use by flyers and that they would not be able to share it for safety reasons.
    I respect their decision.
    The last time that we asked on behalf of the Association of Model Submariners was 8 years ago.

David
    geofrancis

Post  geofrancis Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:22 pm

david f wrote:I have had a reply from the BMFA to say that the 35MHz frequency is still in use by flyers and that they would not be able to share it for safety reasons.
    I respect their decision.
    The last time that we asked on behalf of the Association of Model Submariners was 8 years ago.

David

I dealt with them long ago when drones were just coming onto the market, the BMFA self-appointed themselves the voice of Drone pilots to the government then proceeded to throw them all under the bus with zero input from anyone that actually flew drones. So the result was everything that has a camera is now legally classified as a drone and has to be registered with the government with a serial number and broadcast your government registration, so it can be tracked. Surprise all their members are totally uneffected since none of them actually few drones.

david f likes this post

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:47 pm