The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For a guide to past events see the "Shows and Events" section.

Papplewick Pumping Station SUBMARINE Day. 31st March - 1st April 2024.

$$$

&&&

::::

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» Information on camouflage patterns for German seahund
ALFOLD CHARITY MODEL BOAT SHOW (and our AGM!) EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 4:36 pm by david f

» WW2 mini sub build
ALFOLD CHARITY MODEL BOAT SHOW (and our AGM!) EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 1:56 pm by geofrancis

» Not the hobby I expected :)
ALFOLD CHARITY MODEL BOAT SHOW (and our AGM!) EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:30 pm by cat

» 868/915 Mhz as a viable frequency for submarines.
ALFOLD CHARITY MODEL BOAT SHOW (and our AGM!) EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 4:50 pm by tsenecal

» Sheerline gasket material
ALFOLD CHARITY MODEL BOAT SHOW (and our AGM!) EmptyMon Feb 19, 2024 9:24 pm by Michaelc

» Choice of CAD software and Printer for 3D printing
ALFOLD CHARITY MODEL BOAT SHOW (and our AGM!) EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 1:53 pm by david f

» Engel Nautlus
ALFOLD CHARITY MODEL BOAT SHOW (and our AGM!) EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 9:15 am by palmert6

» RF 27/433MHz maximum depth in pools (1-5 ppm chlorine, 6-8pH)
ALFOLD CHARITY MODEL BOAT SHOW (and our AGM!) EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 2:05 pm by david f

» Arduino proportional control of a piston tank
ALFOLD CHARITY MODEL BOAT SHOW (and our AGM!) EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 1:37 pm by david f

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 12425 messages in 1980 subjects

We have 1005 registered users

The newest registered user is Les

4 posters

ALFOLD CHARITY MODEL BOAT SHOW (and our AGM!)

david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

ALFOLD CHARITY MODEL BOAT SHOW (and our AGM!) Empty ALFOLD CHARITY MODEL BOAT SHOW (and our AGM!)

Post  david f Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:16 pm

Advance notice for your diaries.
    4 and 5 June 2011. More details to come but have a look at last years entry on our Facebook site to get a flavour. It is held in a lovely part of Surrey.

ALFOLD CHARITY MODEL BOAT SHOW (and our AGM!) Empty Re: ALFOLD CHARITY MODEL BOAT SHOW (and our AGM!)

Post  Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:00 pm

MMB will be at Alfold again this year and we are really looking forward to this fantastic event!!..... Hope to see some of you there again, even if I was getting funny looks from the AMS members manning their stand on Saturday afternoon....

Something to to with me shouting at my computer when I was watching Wales V South Africa rugby match.

Mark.
    thegrimreaper
    thegrimreaper

ALFOLD CHARITY MODEL BOAT SHOW (and our AGM!) Empty Re: ALFOLD CHARITY MODEL BOAT SHOW (and our AGM!)

Post  thegrimreaper Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:52 am

David could you please put a link up to the facebook page i cant find it anywhere

thanks Mark
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:57 am

Just been on there, funny enough...link HERE
    thegrimreaper
    thegrimreaper

Post  thegrimreaper Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:02 am

thanks Richard found the site but.........lots of pics on their I dont suppose you have an address or posty code for the venue do you ??? trying to work out how far it is.

Thanks Mark.
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:15 am

No sooner done than said Mark.. http://www.alfoldboatshow.co.uk/
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

Post  david f Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:07 pm

Hope you found the site OK, Mark.

It is a nice show, the pond is murky and not of the best but the show has a nice feel to it, in a nice location.

It is also the AMS AGM on the Saturday and weekend show entrance is free for AMS members (Free tickets from me.)

Sorry does this Membership Secretary ever give up!!
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:38 pm

David...you should have been a double glazing salesman!!
    Deep Diver (Fred)
    Deep Diver (Fred)
    AMS member

Post  Deep Diver (Fred) Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:46 am

Sorry every one, but again you will just have to miss me again,SWMPO has booked our Holiday then, any way have a great weekend.
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:49 am

Fred, I'm missing you already...
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

Post  david f Mon May 23, 2011 3:57 pm

Just under 2 weeks to go.

See you there!
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Mon May 23, 2011 4:31 pm

Fingers crossed I can avoid heart problems and actually manage to go to the show this time...although I'm wondering if I should hire the air ambulance as my private transport..
    thegrimreaper
    thegrimreaper

Post  thegrimreaper Mon May 23, 2011 6:12 pm

Get yer self trained up as a community first responder they give you the jump start machine (defibliration machine) if you take ill it just a simple bit of DIY put pads on chest shout out STAND CLEAR SHOCKING now press the big red button and whalla crisp curly hair ha ha, sorry to joke like this but since my heart attack I have trained as a first responder with the welsh ambulance service and have deployed a defib machine twice now. its a great feeling to have all that power (pun intended) at the end of your finger.Get yourself over their Richard youll be fine.

regards Mark
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Mon May 23, 2011 6:22 pm

Join the club Mark...I did an in depth(pardon the pun)first aid course at work just after my second heart attack, the emphasis was on giving first aid to anyone suffering a heart attack.
    The guy who saved my life was luckily a trained first aider, he kept me ticking over until the paramedics arrived.

One way or another I'm coming to Alfold Show...will we see you there, Mark? I know it's a fair old drive for you, but it'd be good to meet up with you.
    thegrimreaper
    thegrimreaper

Post  thegrimreaper Mon May 23, 2011 8:11 pm

I am afraid Richard that I wont be able to make this as that weekend is my weekend to work hopefuly all that attend will have a great time though

Regards Mark
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Mon May 23, 2011 8:31 pm

That's a shame mate...tell me, what is this 'work' that I keep hearing about? A lot of people seem to be still doing it... :-)
    thegrimreaper
    thegrimreaper

Post  thegrimreaper Mon May 23, 2011 10:13 pm

I take it that from you last comment you are a retired person that has done their bit for HM INLAND REVENUE. you will be glad that I am not an M.P. then because if I was people that had names begining with R who ran model submarines would be going to "work" until their 80`s ha ha ha.

and any way this work I do has paid for 4 trips to OZ in the last 6 years plus got me into the dark side of the force of submarines ha ha so I cant realy complain wellI couls but no one would be interestead rofl
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Tue May 24, 2011 6:15 am

Oh yes, I like to think that during my career as chief donation officer to HM Inland Revenue I've done my bit...you're right Mark, I was retired from my last job as a sweeper driver for our local council after fifteen years on the grounds of ill health (two heart attacks and then an accident which ruined my right shoulder) I went last February.

But you carry on mate, don't let me stop you...the more you put in, the more stable my pension gets!!
    thegrimreaper
    thegrimreaper

Post  thegrimreaper Tue May 31, 2011 3:14 pm

only had the one thankfully pity I couldn't make the meet but I have to work every other weekend BUT it means I get to go to the St Albans Dive-in gonna take my cameras again ha ha ha

Regards Mark
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

Post  david f Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:18 am

Someone has posted some very nice photos of the show (The Turtle is particularly good)on Model Boat Mayhem.
    Sorry I have'nt been able to post a link but it is in the events section under Alfold show.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:40 am