The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For a guide to past events see the "Shows and Events" section.

Papplewick Pumping Station SUBMARINE Day. 31st March - 1st April 2024.

$$$

&&&

::::

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» Newbie needs advice!
The workings of a sheer line submarine  EmptyYesterday at 1:58 pm by david f

» Modulated electric fields for submarine communication in a "heads up" from Harry!
The workings of a sheer line submarine  EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 6:09 am by geofrancis

» 868/915 Mhz as a viable frequency for submarines.
The workings of a sheer line submarine  EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 5:48 am by tsenecal

» Laser cut Robbe U47 conversion
The workings of a sheer line submarine  EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 3:40 pm by david f

» ExpressLRS - 868/915 Mhz equipment
The workings of a sheer line submarine  EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 3:27 pm by tsenecal

» Information on camouflage patterns for German seahund
The workings of a sheer line submarine  EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 4:36 pm by david f

» WW2 mini sub build
The workings of a sheer line submarine  EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 1:56 pm by geofrancis

» Not the hobby I expected :)
The workings of a sheer line submarine  EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:30 pm by cat

» Sheerline gasket material
The workings of a sheer line submarine  EmptyMon Feb 19, 2024 9:24 pm by Michaelc

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 12449 messages in 1981 subjects

We have 1010 registered users

The newest registered user is Chris Shelley

4 posters

The workings of a sheer line submarine

Michaelc

The workings of a sheer line submarine  Empty The workings of a sheer line submarine

Post  Michaelc Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:12 pm

Hi out there, I just purchased a sheerline akula that needs bit of tlc. The major problem is that if the dive pump is not running the sub will come to the surface. I have been informed that there is a valve operated by a servo that should close keeping the water in the dive tank, and then when the servo is powered the valve opens to allow the water out. Is this correct, and if so what’s the best way to adjust the valve. Thanks, Michael
    salmon
    salmon
    AMS Forum Owner

The workings of a sheer line submarine  Empty Re: The workings of a sheer line submarine

Post  salmon Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:31 pm

Does your pinch valve look like this?
    The workings of a sheer line submarine  Sdc10724

The workings of a sheer line submarine  Empty Yes

Post  Michaelc Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:55 pm

Hi, yes it does. What do I need to do too check and adjust the valve. Michael
    salmon
    salmon
    AMS Forum Owner

The workings of a sheer line submarine  Empty Re: The workings of a sheer line submarine

Post  salmon Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:13 pm

There are several thoughts.

1. is the hose being pinched old? Possibly has a crack or hole in it? I would recommend replacing it. Air getting past the pinch valve (if it is working) suggests air is getting in maybe somewhere else (or under the point of compression on the hose).
    2. the pinching of the hose is a simple task, is the hunger pushing the hose closed completely? Maybe see if you can suck or blow air through the hose?
    3. If not, make or get the servo horn larger to push the plunger down more on the hose or move the valve closer to the servo.
    4. Is the servo still strong enough to maintain the pressure to keep the hose closed.

Hope this helps.
    Peace,
    Tom

david f likes this post

Michaelc

The workings of a sheer line submarine  Empty Thanks

Post  Michaelc Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:14 pm

Thanks. I will have a look tomorrow
    salmon
    salmon
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  salmon Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:22 pm

Any success on finding the issue?

The workings of a sheer line submarine  Empty I think I have sorted it

Post  Michaelc Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:53 pm

Hi, I think I have sorted the problem. It looked like the servo setting for the pinch switch was wrong. The WTC is still apart, so I have not tested it in the water yet, but it looks ok now. Thanks for showing interest.

david f likes this post

Robbert de Rouw

Post  Robbert de Rouw Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:19 am

If you need any information or parts, contact Matthew Beck, he took over Sheerline and produces parts for thes subs.
    subkraft

Post  subkraft Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:03 am

Hello.

I'm a bit new here but thought I'd chip in and offer something for what it is worth.

The pinch valve is necessary in your system, but can be replaced with a 6 or 12 volt solenoid switched valve.

Something like this:
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/233929819852?hash=item36774dc6cc:g:AtUAAOSwigZgTaQN

No mechanical problems with servo strength or tube conditions etc with a solenoid valve.

Just has to be electrically switched on or off from the tx, with the pump.

Just a suggestion, others here may have others.

Regards

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:32 pm