The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For a guide to past events see the "Shows and Events" section.

Papplewick Pumping Station SUBMARINE Day. 31st March - 1st April 2024.

$$$

&&&

::::

Who is online?

In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» Information on camouflage patterns for German seahund
New member from Liverpool, England -  Krick type v11b EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 4:36 pm by david f

» WW2 mini sub build
New member from Liverpool, England -  Krick type v11b EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 1:56 pm by geofrancis

» Not the hobby I expected :)
New member from Liverpool, England -  Krick type v11b EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:30 pm by cat

» 868/915 Mhz as a viable frequency for submarines.
New member from Liverpool, England -  Krick type v11b EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 4:50 pm by tsenecal

» Sheerline gasket material
New member from Liverpool, England -  Krick type v11b EmptyMon Feb 19, 2024 9:24 pm by Michaelc

» Choice of CAD software and Printer for 3D printing
New member from Liverpool, England -  Krick type v11b EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 1:53 pm by david f

» Engel Nautlus
New member from Liverpool, England -  Krick type v11b EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 9:15 am by palmert6

» RF 27/433MHz maximum depth in pools (1-5 ppm chlorine, 6-8pH)
New member from Liverpool, England -  Krick type v11b EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 2:05 pm by david f

» Arduino proportional control of a piston tank
New member from Liverpool, England -  Krick type v11b EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 1:37 pm by david f

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 12425 messages in 1980 subjects

We have 1005 registered users

The newest registered user is Les

3 posters

New member from Liverpool, England - Krick type v11b

PeterJames

New member from Liverpool, England -  Krick type v11b Empty New member from Liverpool, England - Krick type v11b

Post  PeterJames Fri May 01, 2020 3:55 pm

HI all, my names Pete. I come from Liverpool,Merseyside. In the past I have only built a couple of boats, a tug and a drifter. recently I was given the Krick type v11b uboat for my 65th birthday. I realise its not in the same league as you guys , but I had to start somewhere. Looking at the plans some of the instructions are a bit vague so I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice,do's and donts etc. Its going to be a dynamic diver, all the accessories are there.
    Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, especially electrics. Thank you .Pete
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

New member from Liverpool, England -  Krick type v11b Empty Re: New member from Liverpool, England - Krick type v11b

Post  david f Fri May 01, 2020 5:35 pm

Welcome Pete!

Nothing wrong with a Krick and nothing wrong with being new to model submarines.

I am no expert on this sub but I am sure that there are others who can help.

To get the ball rolling, enter "Krick" in the search box to the left. I see quite a few threads already on this topic.

With a dynamic diver, you need to think about speed, battery capacity and ballasting all of which interact.

David
    PeterJames

New member from Liverpool, England -  Krick type v11b Empty New member from Liverpool, England krick uboat

Post  PeterJames Sat May 02, 2020 12:38 am

Hi David, thanks for that .Will have a look.
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

New member from Liverpool, England -  Krick type v11b Empty Re: New member from Liverpool, England - Krick type v11b

Post  david f Sat May 02, 2020 8:58 am

Hi Pete,

I have just been over on the SubCommittee site and they also have quite a lot on Kricks. The current thread is an extensive rebuild which may be too much if you are just starting out. (Probably best for you to build mainly "as-is".  But OK for "rivet-counters?!")

You need to subscribe for full access to the SubCommittee but it is not expensive and they have a very large US membership. (They also have a Facebook site now.)

Hope you don't mind if I have put Krick in the title - helps future searches.
    David
    PeterJames

New member from Liverpool, England -  Krick type v11b Empty krick uboat build

Post  PeterJames Sat May 02, 2020 11:45 am

Thats great David thanks. I,ll be ok with the build, its the electics and diving gear thats got me worried.Got everything thats needed but no experience with them whatsoever. Great learning project I think though.
    PeterJames

New member from Liverpool, England -  Krick type v11b Empty sub commitee

Post  PeterJames Wed May 13, 2020 11:31 pm

Hi David thanks for your information on my krick uboat. Can you give me details on how to subscribe to the sub commitee. Thanks, Pete.
    Deep Diver (Fred)
    Deep Diver (Fred)
    AMS member

Post  Deep Diver (Fred) Thu May 14, 2020 8:43 am

Hi

I don't know if Dave Austin is still on this site but he made one back in the day.

Fred
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

Post  david f Fri May 15, 2020 9:35 am

Hi Pete,

I was just about to say that it was easy to do online but I went to have a look and the "Subscription" link didn't work. I know that they have had some technical issues of late and Tom Chalfant has been working on things. He contributes on-here regularly so over to you Tom !

David

* Just had another look. This link works:

https://www.subcommittee.com/join.html

I see that it is $10 a year recurring membership. (The one I have)

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:26 am