The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For a guide to past events see the "Shows and Events" section.

Papplewick Pumping Station SUBMARINE Day. 31st March - 1st April 2024.

$$$

&&&

::::

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» Information on camouflage patterns for German seahund
The Model Show - winter indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 9,10th December 2017 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 4:36 pm by david f

» WW2 mini sub build
The Model Show - winter indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 9,10th December 2017 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 1:56 pm by geofrancis

» Not the hobby I expected :)
The Model Show - winter indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 9,10th December 2017 EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:30 pm by cat

» 868/915 Mhz as a viable frequency for submarines.
The Model Show - winter indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 9,10th December 2017 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 4:50 pm by tsenecal

» Sheerline gasket material
The Model Show - winter indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 9,10th December 2017 EmptyMon Feb 19, 2024 9:24 pm by Michaelc

» Choice of CAD software and Printer for 3D printing
The Model Show - winter indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 9,10th December 2017 EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 1:53 pm by david f

» Engel Nautlus
The Model Show - winter indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 9,10th December 2017 EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 9:15 am by palmert6

» RF 27/433MHz maximum depth in pools (1-5 ppm chlorine, 6-8pH)
The Model Show - winter indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 9,10th December 2017 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 2:05 pm by david f

» Arduino proportional control of a piston tank
The Model Show - winter indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 9,10th December 2017 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 1:37 pm by david f

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 12425 messages in 1980 subjects

We have 1005 registered users

The newest registered user is Les

The Model Show - winter indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 9,10th December 2017

david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

The Model Show - winter indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 9,10th December 2017 Empty The Model Show - winter indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 9,10th December 2017

Post  david f Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:12 pm

Some very good news for those model submariners who would like to sail in an indoor swimming pool (winter sailing, underwater photos etc). I have been in touch with the Show Organiser Mark Henshaw.

His email follows:
    "Hello...a brief response to say yes, you can come as individuals. ..the more the merrier..we have two sessions each day. I'm doing a briefing document for the pool and will send it to you by weekend...cheers and look forwards to meting in person in Dec
    Mark Henshaw
    Exhibition manager TMS"

(Thanks to David J for the original tip and more info to follow.)

http://www.themodelshow.co.uk/?page_id=1271

Last edited by david f on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

The Model Show - winter indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 9,10th December 2017 Empty Re: The Model Show - winter indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 9,10th December 2017

Post  david f Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:54 pm

Please note that you need to fill in and send off an Exhibitor's Entry Form. You can ask for a form to be emailed to you from Mark Henshaw details below or from me. (I have already sent copies of the form to registered AMS members.)

As an Exhibitor you get free entry, and lunch if you stay for both sessions.

Mark Henshaw, Exhibition Manager, TMS
    markhenshaw@tiscali.co.uk
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

The Model Show - winter indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 9,10th December 2017 Empty Re: The Model Show - winter indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 9,10th December 2017

Post  david f Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:24 pm

Hi All,

Just got an update from Mark Henshaw. They are VERY keen for as many model submariners to use the pool. So book yourself in it is free. (I will be going on the Saturday.)

His update follows:

"As a consideration to our maritime sailing exhibitors; we are extending the deadline for (sailing only) entries this year. If you still would like to sail on any or all of the four sessions and are only now being made aware of the opportunity? we will accept entries by e mail or telephone in accordance with the entry guidelines issued up to 22.00hrs Thursday.
    We regret that due to factors outside of our control, the stand has now been fixed and therefore we cannot provide any further space for more static only exhibits this year!
    If you do not have the entry paperwork contact us asap via this page or our websites email facility at themodelshow.co.uk (stating your email address and telephone number) it will be e-mailed to you (we regret it not practical time wise to post instructions out now).

Please note that you cannot just turn up sat or sun to sail..you must apply and be accepted in advance!

TMS"
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

Post  david f Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:23 am

My thanks to Mark Henshaw and the other organisers of this show. A good, well organised show with the bonus for model submariners of a swimming pool.

Everyone was very friendly and there is such a thing as a free lunch!

I was only there on the Saturday, overall attendance seemed pretty good then but attendance for the whole weekend must have been affected by the snowy weather (particularly bad in the Midlands.)

Next year the show will be moving to September and I hope they manage to stay clear of other Sub weekends (although we can only count as a minority interest for them.)

Some photos of what to expect over on the Photos of Events section.

David
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

Post  david f Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:42 pm

I have just noticed the dates for this show in 2018. Pencil it in to that new diary.

Exhibition Manager- Mark Henshaw,  e-mail: markhenshaw@tiscali.co.uk
    ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
    Looking to the future…..
    THE MODEL SHOW 2018 will take place on Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th of SEPTEMBER!

POOL DIMENSIONS: (Later note added 23/12/2017)
    Poynton Leisure Centre ... Pool data. Pool length: 20m. Pool width: 9m. Shallow end: 0.8m. Deep end: 1.8m. Pool area: 180m2.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:24 am