The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For a guide to past events see the "Shows and Events" section.

Papplewick Pumping Station SUBMARINE Day. 31st March - 1st April 2024.

$$$

&&&

::::

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» Newbie needs advice!
The Model Boat Convention - Haydock park- 29,30 August - AMS stand EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 1:58 pm by david f

» Modulated electric fields for submarine communication in a "heads up" from Harry!
The Model Boat Convention - Haydock park- 29,30 August - AMS stand EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 6:09 am by geofrancis

» 868/915 Mhz as a viable frequency for submarines.
The Model Boat Convention - Haydock park- 29,30 August - AMS stand EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 5:48 am by tsenecal

» Laser cut Robbe U47 conversion
The Model Boat Convention - Haydock park- 29,30 August - AMS stand EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 3:40 pm by david f

» ExpressLRS - 868/915 Mhz equipment
The Model Boat Convention - Haydock park- 29,30 August - AMS stand EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 3:27 pm by tsenecal

» Information on camouflage patterns for German seahund
The Model Boat Convention - Haydock park- 29,30 August - AMS stand EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 4:36 pm by david f

» WW2 mini sub build
The Model Boat Convention - Haydock park- 29,30 August - AMS stand EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 1:56 pm by geofrancis

» Not the hobby I expected :)
The Model Boat Convention - Haydock park- 29,30 August - AMS stand EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:30 pm by cat

» Sheerline gasket material
The Model Boat Convention - Haydock park- 29,30 August - AMS stand EmptyMon Feb 19, 2024 9:24 pm by Michaelc

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 12449 messages in 1981 subjects

We have 1010 registered users

The newest registered user is Chris Shelley

The Model Boat Convention - Haydock park- 29,30 August - AMS stand

david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

The Model Boat Convention - Haydock park- 29,30 August - AMS stand Empty The Model Boat Convention - Haydock park- 29,30 August - AMS stand

Post  david f Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:06 am

Hi to all registered AMS members,

Just to let everyone know that I have booked the stand for Haydock Park (Saturday and Sunday 29 & 30 August, Bank Holiday) again.

This is a regular and well-respected event at the Haydock Park race course which is well located in the "South of the North" just off the M6 near Warrington. Lots of model boats and model traders all together in the very good facilities of this race course. (Even a couple of small pools which are fine for smallish subs.)

I have arranged this for the AMS for the last 5 or so years. It is a good event and it is your chance to win a prize with your pride and joy or just let the general public have a look at what you do. It also gets regular coverage in Model Boats magazine, for example.

I suppose model submarines are quite limited in their ability to win prizes when they are up against 10 foot scale models of the Prinz Eugen! We have won prizes over the years though (Dave J has frequently been a winner. But not me, sob, sob, gasp). You do stand a good chance with best on the stand. You don't even have to enter a  submarine. Last year Alf's Bluebird was a "crowd-puller" at the show.

This link to the 2013 show gives an idea of our stand and have a lot at the link at the end of this article for general information:

https://www.theassociationofmodelsubmariners.com/t1087-haydock-park-2013

I have already contacted regular attenders and we would really welcome anyone else to join us at the Exhibition. Please contact me by pm asap. (Ask me for my phone number if you would like to chat about the show.) Please note that you DO need to be registered AMS members (sign up with Kevin on the Website).

You can obviously just turn up and pay for the event but if you wish to exhibit on our stand you need to be a registered AMS member and you will need a (free) exhibitors pass and I will need your name several weeks beforehand to obtain this for you. (The Organiser's don't deal with Aliases!)

I see from Jean (The Organiser) Barlow's letter that camper vans, caravans etc. can park at the Holly Bank caravan park (Google it) and that twin bedded rooms at the Holiday Inn (next door to the race course) are available at a block booking rate of £85 dinner, bed and breakfast. (Which sounds pretty good to me.) Please contact me for a booking code if you want to take advantage of this rate as an Exhibitor.

So there we go, your chance to participate and maybe win a prize.  The show is a very good venue, good social gathering and it is one of the few occasions in the year when we meet up as the AMS at a show.

Finish that model! (actually part finished generates more interest?) And we will see you there!

David

http://www.modelboatconvention.co.uk/

The Model Boat Convention - Haydock park- 29,30 August - AMS stand Conven10
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

The Model Boat Convention - Haydock park- 29,30 August - AMS stand Empty Re: The Model Boat Convention - Haydock park- 29,30 August - AMS stand

Post  david f Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:57 am

Hi All,

I've just had a email from Jean the Organiser to remind me that she now needs a list of exhibitors for this years show.

See the previous post for all the details.

Your only chance to exhibit your pride and joy to the public (finished or in-build) on a dedicated model sub stand in the UK. You may even win a prize.

All welcome but you will need to register as an AMS member on the AMS Website (This is the  Forum) They can't post things to an "alias"!

Let me know by pm or email  if you would like to go and I can sort out your exhibitors pass (It's free.)

David
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

The Model Boat Convention - Haydock park- 29,30 August - AMS stand Empty Re: The Model Boat Convention - Haydock park- 29,30 August - AMS stand

Post  david f Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:59 am

With Norwich so close, there still is still time to have a word with me there if you are thinking of going to exhibit a model on the stand at Haydock.

David
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

Post  david f Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:56 pm

Thanks to Exhibitors. I have just received your Exhibitor tickets and I will be posting them to you in the next day or so.

David

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:48 pm