The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For a guide to past events see the "Shows and Events" section.

Papplewick Pumping Station SUBMARINE Day. 31st March - 1st April 2024.

$$$

&&&

::::

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» 868/915 Mhz as a viable frequency for submarines.
Alan Poole's  X craft... EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 5:48 am by tsenecal

» Modulated electric fields for submarine communication in a "heads up" from Harry!
Alan Poole's  X craft... EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 7:33 pm by geofrancis

» Laser cut Robbe U47 conversion
Alan Poole's  X craft... EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 3:40 pm by david f

» ExpressLRS - 868/915 Mhz equipment
Alan Poole's  X craft... EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 3:27 pm by tsenecal

» Information on camouflage patterns for German seahund
Alan Poole's  X craft... EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 4:36 pm by david f

» WW2 mini sub build
Alan Poole's  X craft... EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 1:56 pm by geofrancis

» Not the hobby I expected :)
Alan Poole's  X craft... EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:30 pm by cat

» Sheerline gasket material
Alan Poole's  X craft... EmptyMon Feb 19, 2024 9:24 pm by Michaelc

» Choice of CAD software and Printer for 3D printing
Alan Poole's  X craft... EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 1:53 pm by david f

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 12441 messages in 1980 subjects

We have 1008 registered users

The newest registered user is chargerdodge

Similar topics

3 posters

Alan Poole's X craft...

Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Alan Poole's  X craft... Empty Alan Poole's X craft...

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:27 am

I heard yesterday that Nigel now has the moulds for the Alan Poole X craft back in his possession, and after some remedial work on them, he intends to pull a limited run of hulls from the moulds.

These will be available to AMS members only, so if you want one, you'll have to be a member of the association.

If you're thinking you'd maybe like one, contact Nigel to register your interest.

Alan Poole's  X craft... 100_1712

Alan Poole's  X craft... 100_1713

Alan Poole's  X craft... 100_1714

Alan Poole's  X craft... 100_1715

Alan Poole's  X craft... 100_1810
    nigele(ADMIN)2
    nigele(ADMIN)2
    AMS Chairman

Alan Poole's  X craft... Empty Re: Alan Poole's X craft...

Post  nigele(ADMIN)2 Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:08 am

Close Richard, but no cigar...these are the original Alan Poole X craft mould's, they were kindly given to me by Alan several years ago now. I managed to produce 3 hull's from these very damaged moulds, the hulls that where produced where frankly awful, but with a lot of work were useable. It was Alan's wish to see the boat produced and available,this was not possible with the original moulds, so after much contemplation and taking in to consideration my health situation,I felt the best option was to farm the moulds out to another submarine manufacturer with the undestanding that they where to be produced at a reduced price for AMS members,and that the AMS retains control of the moulds. That was three years ago,unfortunately I recieved a message a week or so ago from this manufacturer telling me he could not find the time to complete the job,and he felt that hanging on to the moulds any longer in the hope that he might find time to fit the work in would be optomistic at best, so I collected the moulds over the week end, so in short I now have the damaged moulds back in my position, these moulds where designed to produce one or two hulls and were made with this in mind and are pretty much damaged beyond repair, so I have decided to try to produce one more hull from this mould, work on it to produce a new master, and then make a new mould hopefully with more detail than the original.

I shall do this over the winter and hopefully they should be available next year around the time of the AGM, they will only be available to AMS members,I will do a bit of a build log on here so that you can see the progress, the mould will be along the lines of the Hunley that I am presently doing, see build log.

Nigel.

Last edited by nigele on Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Deep Diver (Fred)
    Deep Diver (Fred)
    AMS member

Alan Poole's  X craft... Empty Re: Alan Poole's X craft...

Post  Deep Diver (Fred) Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:32 pm

Nice idea Nigel and good on you, but do look after your health that must come first, I for one would like to have an "X" craft to go with my "T", only thing is I need the time to sort out all the boats that I have now, may be at the end of 2013 when I have finished with work.

fred

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:43 am