* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For further details of any events shown here also see the "Shows and Events" section on the forum

*STOP PRESS* Coronavirus. A lot of Clubs have already cancelled all activities. Check carefully before you plan any travel

CANCELLED because of coronavirus. Papplewick Pumping Station, Nottingham, Sunday 12th & Monday 13th April
CANCELLED because of coronavirus. Bournville Sub Day, Sunday 10th May 2020

. ,

Submarine, Boating & Sailing Weekend, Norwich MBC, Weekend of 25,26th July

,./
Model Boat Convention, Haydock Park (Cancelled this year)

Bournville Sub Day, Sunday 13th September

Club Submarine Regatta, Furness MBC, Barrow in Furness, Sunday 20th Sept 2020

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» Seehund Drawing
The mail must get through...? EmptyToday at 8:05 am by david f

» Yellow Submarine - Beatles
The mail must get through...? EmptyWed May 27, 2020 11:03 am by david f

» Italian CB class from WW2
The mail must get through...? EmptyWed May 27, 2020 10:55 am by david f

» Simple telemetry system for openLRS
The mail must get through...? EmptyTue May 19, 2020 11:47 am by david f

» New member from Liverpool, England - Krick type v11b
The mail must get through...? EmptyFri May 15, 2020 9:35 am by david f

» 3D printed sub kits
The mail must get through...? EmptyFri May 08, 2020 6:42 am by SWEnick

» Smoke or Steam generator for submarine models?
The mail must get through...? EmptyThu May 07, 2020 9:15 am by david f

» Piston Ballast Systems
The mail must get through...? EmptyMon May 04, 2020 9:29 am by david f

» openLRS and 2.4 Ghz and Submarines
The mail must get through...? EmptySat May 02, 2020 8:42 am by david f

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 11143 messages in 1824 subjects

We have 853 registered users

The newest registered user is dreamterre

The mail must get through...?

Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

The mail must get through...? Empty The mail must get through...?

Post  Tom(ADMIN) on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:52 pm

How about this then?

On the 23/12 last year I bought an item from an AMS/Mayhem member who lives in Hull for £30...he doesn't use paypal, so I sent 3 x £10 notes in a jiffy bag, via recorded/signed for delivery, and posted it on the 24/12.

We knew it wouldn't get there for a good few days, so neither of us panicked. Mid January...still hadn't arrived, so I checked with the Post Office tracking service...'the item was still in the system awaiting delivery'. Fair enough...so we waited some more. And we waited some more...

End of January, the envelope still hadn't arrived, so once more I contact the Post Office....'the item was still in the system awaiting delivery'. They did tell me however, that I would be entitled to compensation if it didn't arrive...a handful of first class stamps. So we waited some more. And then we waited some more...

I should add here that the guy I bought the item from is a good friend, so there was no problems with the cash not arriving, but I was getting miffed that it hadn't. So we waited some more...

I had a text message from my mate this morning..."Guess what's just turned up in the post this morning? In perfect condition, no damage, no signs of tampering...one jiffy bag containing 3 x £10 notes..."

I don't know whether to be miffed off that it took so long, or well pleased that the PO delivered it!

Rich

Oh, and I've just checked with the Post Office tracking service...'the item is still in the system awaiting delivery.....'

Current date/time is Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:47 pm