The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For a guide to past events see the "Shows and Events" section.

Papplewick Pumping Station SUBMARINE Day. 31st March - 1st April 2024.

$$$

&&&

::::

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» Information on camouflage patterns for German seahund
12 foot model submarine EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 4:36 pm by david f

» WW2 mini sub build
12 foot model submarine EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 1:56 pm by geofrancis

» Not the hobby I expected :)
12 foot model submarine EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:30 pm by cat

» 868/915 Mhz as a viable frequency for submarines.
12 foot model submarine EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 4:50 pm by tsenecal

» Sheerline gasket material
12 foot model submarine EmptyMon Feb 19, 2024 9:24 pm by Michaelc

» Choice of CAD software and Printer for 3D printing
12 foot model submarine EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 1:53 pm by david f

» Engel Nautlus
12 foot model submarine EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 9:15 am by palmert6

» RF 27/433MHz maximum depth in pools (1-5 ppm chlorine, 6-8pH)
12 foot model submarine EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 2:05 pm by david f

» Arduino proportional control of a piston tank
12 foot model submarine EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 1:37 pm by david f

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 12425 messages in 1980 subjects

We have 1003 registered users

The newest registered user is Stefan Udovenko КПДЮ

12 foot model submarine

12 foot model submarine Empty 12 foot model submarine

Post  Guest Sun May 29, 2011 2:46 pm

I have just joined the forum and would like to say hello to everybody. I was a member of the A.M.S in 1982,when i had just finished building a gato class submarine 12ft 500lbs in weight, i put the model into model engineer exhibition in 1993 and took gold in marine class and the exide and drydex challenge cup. But i lost interest in 1994 so sub spent the last 17 years locked in a trailor. When i took sub out of the trailor the main battries 12 volts 38ah all the cells had splint throwing acid everywhere inside the sub as you can imagine it was a mess i have spent the last year rebuilding the inside as i worked in digital electronics for many years and the last 11 years spent working in microwave electronics. I decided to design a low frequency radio link for the sub as L.F is alot better at getting through water than 27 and 40mhz. Sub has got 4 way radio link that being video link, telemetry data coming to bank side, sub has go speach recorded onto eproms telling you stateas of sub transmitting back to bankside and a 90 channel radio link to control sub which can be switched between 27mhz am and LF loww frequence. Sub will hunt to find which band you are on, I have also been working on ONSCREEN display which will imposs onto video picture compass headings, depth of sub, temps battrie voltage and other data just fitted robot like tank sreering I noticed on the forum that some of the guys have been playing around with level control, i have just designed the new level control for my sub but because of the lenght of the sub the unit has to be very very sensitive depth control unit in my sub works on info red light and will hunt within 15mm to stay there at any depth sub has got 240volts inverter inside as main vents on tank are washing machine vaules which are very good. Sub has also got multipul eprom storage system for sound effects, through a 20 watt AF amp main drive motors are 240v washing machine motors running through poss drive belts and main compressor is 10cc marine engine compressor will deliver over 300 psi and is water colled sub is full of lots of electronic i would be interested to hear what you think
    all the best john
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

12 foot model submarine Empty Re: 12 foot model submarine

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Sun May 29, 2011 4:39 pm

Pictures...we need pictures John!

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:31 am