The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For a guide to past events see the "Shows and Events" section.
Bournville MBC on Sunday 11th August 2024, 10.00 i
::::

Papplewick Pumping Station Sub Weekend, 14th & !5th Sept 2024

P~~~

$$$

Who is online?

In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» David Forrest's R class
Test video of my Neptune's HiViz flashing beacon. EmptyFri Jul 19, 2024 1:00 pm by david f

» Futaba -868/915mhz equipment
Test video of my Neptune's HiViz flashing beacon. EmptySun Jun 09, 2024 10:47 pm by tsenecal

» Darnell type 21 submarine, need some help
Test video of my Neptune's HiViz flashing beacon. EmptySun Jun 09, 2024 9:35 am by Deep Diver (Fred)

» Robbe Seawolf V2
Test video of my Neptune's HiViz flashing beacon. EmptySat Jun 01, 2024 1:15 am by geofrancis

» bladder bags
Test video of my Neptune's HiViz flashing beacon. EmptyTue May 28, 2024 8:30 am by Deep Diver (Fred)

» WW2 mini sub build
Test video of my Neptune's HiViz flashing beacon. EmptyWed May 22, 2024 8:10 am by david f

» Peral Submarine of 1888
Test video of my Neptune's HiViz flashing beacon. EmptyMon May 20, 2024 1:00 pm by david f

» U-Boat R/C?
Test video of my Neptune's HiViz flashing beacon. EmptySun May 19, 2024 11:02 am by stig58

» Cheap Arduino Auto leveler
Test video of my Neptune's HiViz flashing beacon. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:53 pm by 17b

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 12476 messages in 1986 subjects

We have 1017 registered users

The newest registered user is Bazdiving

Test video of my Neptune's HiViz flashing beacon.

Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Test video of my Neptune's HiViz flashing beacon. Empty Test video of my Neptune's HiViz flashing beacon.

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Sun May 08, 2011 5:29 pm

A quick test in dry dock of the flashing hazard lamp fitted to my Neptune.

You'll have to excuse the background noises, I forgot to mute the microphone.

The tiny black box you'll see mounted on the front plate is the actual flasher unit itself, made by ACTion Electronics, details of the unit HERE. It's a tiny little unit, but not waterproof, so I filled the black box with epoxy resin to totally seal the whole thing. I've just tested it in the sink and it's now 100% watertight and works perfectly underwater. The LED is a 10mm diameter HiViz Ultra Brite from the Component Shop.

The whole set up is run from a 9volt PP3 battery which is inside it's own little black box, and sealed with Sellotape Diamond tape, this is 100% watertight tape, easy to apply to seal the box and easy to remove to change the battery.

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:38 am