The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For a guide to past events see the "Shows and Events" section.

Papplewick Pumping Station SUBMARINE Day. 31st March - 1st April 2024.

$$$

&&&

::::

Who is online?

In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» Information on camouflage patterns for German seahund
Hello A Few Starter Questions - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 4:36 pm by david f

» WW2 mini sub build
Hello A Few Starter Questions - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 1:56 pm by geofrancis

» Not the hobby I expected :)
Hello A Few Starter Questions - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:30 pm by cat

» 868/915 Mhz as a viable frequency for submarines.
Hello A Few Starter Questions - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 4:50 pm by tsenecal

» Sheerline gasket material
Hello A Few Starter Questions - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 19, 2024 9:24 pm by Michaelc

» Choice of CAD software and Printer for 3D printing
Hello A Few Starter Questions - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 1:53 pm by david f

» Engel Nautlus
Hello A Few Starter Questions - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 9:15 am by palmert6

» RF 27/433MHz maximum depth in pools (1-5 ppm chlorine, 6-8pH)
Hello A Few Starter Questions - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 2:05 pm by david f

» Arduino proportional control of a piston tank
Hello A Few Starter Questions - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 1:37 pm by david f

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 12425 messages in 1980 subjects

We have 1005 registered users

The newest registered user is Les

Similar topics

5 posters

Hello A Few Starter Questions

Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Hello A Few Starter Questions - Page 3 Empty Re: Hello A Few Starter Questions

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:55 am

Mini camera

(topic tidied up, erroneous posts removed)

Richard(ADMIN)

Last edited by Richard(Admin) on Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mr2Rich
    Mr2Rich

Post  Mr2Rich Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:47 pm

Ok still no answers as yet....having thought that it might be the new year thing that might be putting a hold on things so I got a friend to send them a email for a price on a war ship they do... 4hrs later he got a reply from them with an invoice....so I am getting a bit worried now.....

What do you think I should do? Get a refund from paypal and hunt/look for other idears. Or wait some more??

Thanks
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:53 pm

Well, you can't wait for ever Rich...I think I'd go for a refund from Paypal to start with. Then by all means look round for something else, there's plenty of good kits out there, or even look round for a second hand pre built boat.
    nigele(ADMIN)2
    nigele(ADMIN)2
    AMS Chairman

Post  nigele(ADMIN)2 Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:00 pm

Go for a refund through pay-pal,the will contact them and that should get things moving,you could also send them yet another e-mail pointing them to this site so they can see the bad publicity they are getting,not doing themselves any good at all are they.

Post  Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:26 pm

Last edited by Poolruns on Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    nigele(ADMIN)2
    nigele(ADMIN)2
    AMS Chairman

Post  nigele(ADMIN)2 Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Incidently I take the view that if you pay instantly through paypal,you expect the item to be sent instantly unless it is staited outherwise on there web site,if there was to be a delay because of the new year that should have been stated on there site,or in an e-mail to you before they accepted your payment,even small traders on ebay do that.
    Mr2Rich
    Mr2Rich

Post  Mr2Rich Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:37 pm

I am going for a refund for a few reasons,I payed on the 31 of last month even if their was a 24hr delay on payment they still recived it before their new year and know it has been over two working weeks. I have many firends that own and run internet companys and they still check emails even when on holiday to keep up with things or to sort out any problems and after 7 emails from my self he should have got a message I was worried!

As for what I am looking for
    100% Military
    I think a scratch build, I have looked at alot of kits and I havent found one I really like or they are huge and I wouldnt be able to get it to a pond to use it. Max size I think is 1.2m at a push ( would have to use the misses car to carry it as mine would never any thing that size)And I really want to build some thing rather than put it together, if you know what I mean.

I have had my eye on one sub

http://www.jet-drive.de/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=102&category_id=57&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=17

I know this sub is out of my skill level but the brilliant thing about forums is that their is always some one to ask and advise is always their...
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:46 pm

The Typhoon is a nice boat Rich, Ramesh is your man to talk to about them, he has a beautiful specimen. Roy also has a Typhoon, and there's one or two others as well, so there will be plenty of assistance forthcoming should you get stuck on anything.

I wish you well with your build, keep a build log of it, we will all be watching with interest.

I think you've done the wise thing by opening a Paypal dispute, it may stir them into action now...or it may not.

Post  Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:56 pm

Last edited by Poolruns on Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mr2Rich
    Mr2Rich

Post  Mr2Rich Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:24 pm

I have most equitment ( lath,bench saw,a/c and tools, Father was an engineer and grandad build boats for a living.)I am very skilled with carbon fiber and fiber glass making/repairing items ( I repair some of the driftworks boys bumpers after a little bang ) As for models I have had some past experiance not as much as my brother but I am always happy when I am doing some thing with my hands.
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:29 pm

You're making me jealous Rich...all I have nowadays are the basic hand tools, all my tools were left in my workshop when I parted company with the ex wife...never to be seen again.

Living in a small flat, I don't have room for decent power tools any longer, but when that lottery ticket comes up...

Post  Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:30 am

Last edited by Poolruns on Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

Post  david f Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:07 am

And whatever you do, don't forget to join the AMS!
    Mr2Rich
    Mr2Rich

Post  Mr2Rich Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:52 pm

Just payed for the book so should be here soon, looks like a nice read. a while before I will need it I think. Still waiting on paypal for refund if he does bother to reply from paypal. SO playing the waiting game know..As for the mebership can you do a online application? as I dont have a printer.
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

Post  david f Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:30 am

If you send me an email (amstreasure@googlemail.com) I can send you an application form in Word which you can then fill in and send it back as an attachment.

David
    klunk
    klunk

Post  klunk Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:29 am

hms unseen in picture!! this is the version that is 1.5 times larger and runs on a brushless motor, forward over!! I own this sub now,and it gas given me many hours of fun, and have had it down to depths of 15 ft! the original plan is ok but I found a bit small and fiddly, as I built one lsst year over a 2 day show in st albans.
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

Post  david f Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:00 am

Excellent!

Glad it has all worked out for you.

Is it just me or do I not see a picture?

David