The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For a guide to past events see the "Shows and Events" section.

Papplewick Pumping Station SUBMARINE Day. 31st March - 1st April 2024.

$$$

&&&

::::

Who is online?

In total there are 7 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

geofrancis

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» Information on camouflage patterns for German seahund
The " Disaster Yacht"  -  new model by Hein Kistenich EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 4:36 pm by david f

» WW2 mini sub build
The " Disaster Yacht"  -  new model by Hein Kistenich EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 1:56 pm by geofrancis

» Not the hobby I expected :)
The " Disaster Yacht"  -  new model by Hein Kistenich EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:30 pm by cat

» 868/915 Mhz as a viable frequency for submarines.
The " Disaster Yacht"  -  new model by Hein Kistenich EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 4:50 pm by tsenecal

» Sheerline gasket material
The " Disaster Yacht"  -  new model by Hein Kistenich EmptyMon Feb 19, 2024 9:24 pm by Michaelc

» Choice of CAD software and Printer for 3D printing
The " Disaster Yacht"  -  new model by Hein Kistenich EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 1:53 pm by david f

» Engel Nautlus
The " Disaster Yacht"  -  new model by Hein Kistenich EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 9:15 am by palmert6

» RF 27/433MHz maximum depth in pools (1-5 ppm chlorine, 6-8pH)
The " Disaster Yacht"  -  new model by Hein Kistenich EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 2:05 pm by david f

» Arduino proportional control of a piston tank
The " Disaster Yacht"  -  new model by Hein Kistenich EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 1:37 pm by david f

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 12425 messages in 1980 subjects

We have 1003 registered users

The newest registered user is Stefan Udovenko КПДЮ

Similar topics

3 posters

The " Disaster Yacht" - new model by Hein Kistenich

david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

The " Disaster Yacht"  -  new model by Hein Kistenich Empty The " Disaster Yacht" - new model by Hein Kistenich

Post  david f Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:41 am

Hein has just sent me details of his new project - the Love Love yacht by Julian Berthier. Not quite a submarine but close!

https://julienberthier.org/love-love.html

LATER EDIT: Second message from Hein. (English version by Google Translate.)
    "Let us now turn back to reality: It was not easy to teach Love-Love to
    "walk upright". In my presumptuousness I believed that I could
    theoretically solve this problem. The inspiration quickly came from
    perspiration. Here is a note about the equipment: On-board voltage: 4.8
    V NiMH, RC: 40 MHz, drive: POD with 2 propellers of 25 mm. Love-Love can
    only be used in calm water without waves. See also the videos from the
    original."

Wenden wir uns jetzt wieder der Realität zu: Es war nicht leicht,
    Love-Love den "aufrechten Gang" beizubringen. In meiner Vermessenheit
    glaubte ich, dieses Problem bereits theoretisch lösen zu können. Zu der
    Inspiration kam dann schnell die Transpiration.                        
                                Hier ein Hinweis zur Ausstattung:
    Bordspannung: 4,8 v NiMH, RC: 40 MHz, Antrieb: POD mit 2 Propellern von
    25 mm. Zu benutzen sein wird Love-Love nur in ruhigem Wasser ohne
    Wellen. Siehe auch die Videos vom Original.

Ein schönes Wochenende und viel Spaß beim Segeln wünschen"

Some photos to give you the idea and Hein's model.

The " Disaster Yacht"  -  new model by Hein Kistenich Jpg_im10

The " Disaster Yacht"  -  new model by Hein Kistenich Jpg_in10

The " Disaster Yacht"  -  new model by Hein Kistenich P1010310
    Flyingwrench

The " Disaster Yacht"  -  new model by Hein Kistenich Empty Re: The " Disaster Yacht" - new model by Hein Kistenich

Post  Flyingwrench Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:27 pm

The only way this could happen to a production sailboat is for it to be moored to too short a mooring line when the tide came in. For tides of that nature, one would need to be in the higher, or lower, latitudes, around 45 degrees. Cut the mooring line and the boat should more or less right itself. However, the forward part being submerged at that angle makes the likelihood of it remaining afloat for any length of time problematical.

The only other possibility would be for too much weight being dumped in, or onto, the forward part of the vessel. But there would be problems doing so unless the weight was dumped on the foredeck all at once. However, the weight required to attain such an angle would immediately slide off or pull the boat under.

Therefore the most likely probability would be too short a mooring line, in which case boat could not move. Of course one can always design a vessel to mimic such conditions as in these photos. The "yacht" is not capsized as that would mean it had turned upside down, a physical impossibility for a keeled sailboat of this nature.

Definition of capsize

transitive verb :to cause to overturn

He should have named the art work "America" or perhaps "EU"
    Len Morris

The " Disaster Yacht"  -  new model by Hein Kistenich Empty Re: The " Disaster Yacht" - new model by Hein Kistenich

Post  Len Morris Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:28 pm

This is a good fun model and very close to something I'm considering. Although subs are my passion I could not resist buying a half built 40 inch Liberty ship model at a boot sale for next to nothing. The hull is fibreglass and the rest of the kit is still in a raw wood condition. Its been sat on my top shelf for a number of years.

I hope to cut the hull in half and hinge it in the middle. She will float as normal and sail as normal and then to explosion sounds and a jet of water up the side break her back and end up with just the bow and stern sections visible above the water.

All relatively simple sub technology but need to work out how to control the hinge mechanism. If I can get it right I'm sure it'll be fun, particularly at the sub rallies.

Len

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:55 am