The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For a guide to past events see the "Shows and Events" section.

Papplewick Pumping Station SUBMARINE Day. 31st March - 1st April 2024.

$$$

&&&

::::

Who is online?

In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» Information on camouflage patterns for German seahund
Seen on eBay - rather amusing and good value! EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 4:36 pm by david f

» WW2 mini sub build
Seen on eBay - rather amusing and good value! EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 1:56 pm by geofrancis

» Not the hobby I expected :)
Seen on eBay - rather amusing and good value! EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:30 pm by cat

» 868/915 Mhz as a viable frequency for submarines.
Seen on eBay - rather amusing and good value! EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 4:50 pm by tsenecal

» Sheerline gasket material
Seen on eBay - rather amusing and good value! EmptyMon Feb 19, 2024 9:24 pm by Michaelc

» Choice of CAD software and Printer for 3D printing
Seen on eBay - rather amusing and good value! EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 1:53 pm by david f

» Engel Nautlus
Seen on eBay - rather amusing and good value! EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 9:15 am by palmert6

» RF 27/433MHz maximum depth in pools (1-5 ppm chlorine, 6-8pH)
Seen on eBay - rather amusing and good value! EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 2:05 pm by david f

» Arduino proportional control of a piston tank
Seen on eBay - rather amusing and good value! EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 1:37 pm by david f

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 12425 messages in 1980 subjects

We have 1005 registered users

The newest registered user is Les

Seen on eBay - rather amusing and good value!

david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

Seen on eBay - rather amusing and good value! Empty Seen on eBay - rather amusing and good value!

Post  david f Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:02 am

I found this rather funny - and a great tribute to John Darnell etc. (He sums up model subs!)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=162178705207

For quotation read on:

"82 year old owner nearly died 3 times since June (aaaah!) has finally decided to sell while he can.

UNLESS YOU ARE IN THE TOP 5% OF THE POPULATION WALK ON, BECAUSE YOU NEED TORESIST THE MATES WHO WANT TO SEE YOU SINK IT AND YOU MUST HJAVE THE PATIENCE OF JOB!! OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS. ITS TOO BIG TO SIT ON A BATH LET ALONE IN IT, SO IT HAS IT'S OWN BALLASTING TANK.

Most days I'll add more infand photos if I'm up to it so just keep watching.

On 25-Aug-16 at 02:09:09 BST, seller added the following information:

Why are 50 of you watching? You can't all be in the top 5% so go away! One brave person has bid 99p, so the sub is going to sell. No Buy it Now. No sly deals.

What is an S ClassType 7? John Darnell (R.I.P.) was ahead of his time. This fibreglass kit could be turned into a British S Type like H.M.S.Storm or a German Unterboaten Type 7 like in the film Das Boot or a paddleboat if you had the mind. Arguably this is a Type 7 by the markings and swastika stuff. In those days if the weight was less than the buoyancy it was a boat, if not it sank. If you know what it does if they're equal read on, if not you're not ready for this. Move on.

John designed this with (from the front) foreplanes, an airbag, the WTC then the thingys connecting the WTC to the rudder, twin engines and rearplanes. Simple stuff. Ballast it so the lift equalled the weight and what did it do?

If you answered it stuck its nose in the air and its arse nearer the bottom you have the right to be here. If not, walk on for your sanity's sake. When I got this sub it had sunk again and all the electrics were shot again. The owner, like those before him, was glad to stick to boats (Boat: noun. A hole in the water into which you pour money).

The design was fatally flawed. If you were me what would you have done? Me neither, but it seemed fun to have a go. If you don't see this as fun, walk on.

Clearly (don't you hate the smartarses that say that?) you've got to get the centre of buoyabcy above the centre of gravity. But how? A man who understood such things, which I did not, said
    Attention sellers:

Alert!

It looks like you are trying to list an item that includes the image of a swastika on it. We allow some historical items with swastikas on them, such as stamps and coins. However, we don't allow items that might be considered Nazi propaganda.

It is prohibited to list on eBay items which bear symbols of the Nazis, or the SS, including authentic German WWII memorabilia that bears such marks, whether visible or covered.

Items which may be listed are coins and stamps from the WWII era (regardless of markings) and WWII memorabilia that does not bear the Nazi or SS markings.

For further information please see our Offensive material policy page."

David

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:56 pm