The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For a guide to past events see the "Shows and Events" section.
Bournville MBC on Sunday 11th August 2024, 10.00 i
::::

Papplewick Pumping Station Sub Weekend, 14th & !5th Sept 2024

P~~~

$$$

Who is online?

In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» UHF radio control for submarines (openLRS, LoRa, FSK etc. on 458Mhz and 433Mhz )
AutoCAD drawing EmptyToday at 9:05 am by david f

» David Forrest's R class
AutoCAD drawing EmptyFri Jul 19, 2024 1:00 pm by david f

» Futaba -868/915mhz equipment
AutoCAD drawing EmptySun Jun 09, 2024 10:47 pm by tsenecal

» Darnell type 21 submarine, need some help
AutoCAD drawing EmptySun Jun 09, 2024 9:35 am by Deep Diver (Fred)

» Robbe Seawolf V2
AutoCAD drawing EmptySat Jun 01, 2024 1:15 am by geofrancis

» bladder bags
AutoCAD drawing EmptyTue May 28, 2024 8:30 am by Deep Diver (Fred)

» WW2 mini sub build
AutoCAD drawing EmptyWed May 22, 2024 8:10 am by david f

» Peral Submarine of 1888
AutoCAD drawing EmptyMon May 20, 2024 1:00 pm by david f

» U-Boat R/C?
AutoCAD drawing EmptySun May 19, 2024 11:02 am by stig58

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 12477 messages in 1986 subjects

We have 1017 registered users

The newest registered user is Bazdiving

Similar topics

2 posters

AutoCAD drawing

Capt Saddle Tanks
    Capt Saddle Tanks

AutoCAD drawing Empty AutoCAD drawing

Post  Capt Saddle Tanks Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:35 pm

I work with AutoCAD. For most sub plans I find over the internet I copy into AutoCAD and trace over them. I have discovered this often creates a not too good new drawing. The source pic is often not to scale or distorted some. Either from the stretching or shrinking of the paper media or some other effect unknown to me. Also the drawing on the pic is not centered exactly making tracing a challenge. I have yet to find a way of rotating a pic in AutoCAD to the slight angle needed.

There are some not so useful drawing converters out there. I have tried some and they take a PDF and created a AutoCAD drawing that is for the most part junk to work with. The converted files tend to be extremely large and often not useable.

I have no idea on how to draw 3D but that would be so cool. I drool over those 3D made drawings of submarines. So Cool.

profesorul
    profesorul

AutoCAD drawing Empty Re: AutoCAD drawing

Post  profesorul Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:01 pm

HI ,@Capt Saddle Tanks

- Can you help us understand a little bit how you do that? .....
    - can you tell us what type of files you can import into AutoCAD and what commands to use for start? ;

THANK YOU

MARIUS
    Capt Saddle Tanks
    Capt Saddle Tanks

Post  Capt Saddle Tanks Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:37 pm

I have used AutoCAD for years. Mostly LT versions, the no bells and whistle versions.

You can copy, paste a photo on a AutoCAD drawing. Open AutoCAD and create a drawing. I use master drawings that have most of the setups I like. Then just rename the master drawing to what ever I want and save it in the chosen file. Close out the master and open the new created drawing. With the new drawing open paste the pic on it. BUT the pic needs to be saved in your computer somewhere. Don't just click it off the web and paste it on the drawing, it will not stay. AutoCAD uses the pics location in your computer. So save the pic somewhere on your computer. For me I like to create a file with the name of what I am drawing and download all the pics to this file. When you save the new AutoCAD drawing and come back to it later the pic will reappear. Next set the pic to be drawn over, lock to be in back. Normally pics stay in the front and any lines drawn over will quickly disappear behind (back) the pic. You can scale a pic to the actual size or scale size. I like actual size best. Then use the scale feature to print out in scale.

Sometimes the attached pic will distort. This happens to me and I just delete that pic. Just keep trying to attach the pic and it will work. Might take two or three attempts. But scaling will be needed to get the pic in the right size for drawing.

PDF files can be nice. There are two types of PDF files; one that when scaled will still have sharp lines and the other when scale the lines get larger and fuzzy. It has to do with the setting of when the PDF file was created.

A nice feature is you can attach a pic of sub plans, scale them and print them out. This can let you get a quick set of plans for modeling. But then again expect some slight out of scale features.

Have fun
    profesorul
    profesorul

Post  profesorul Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:12 pm

UOAUUU,that's an answer.

Thank You for Your complex answer.Soon I as get the time, I'll start study.
    But first of all , I have to tray to translate some how what You sad to combine with what I understand directly from Your explanation.

MARIUS

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:44 am