The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For a guide to past events see the "Shows and Events" section.

Papplewick Pumping Station SUBMARINE Day. 31st March - 1st April 2024.

$$$

&&&

::::

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» Newbie needs advice!
self contained compressor and solenoid valve for bladder systems. EmptyYesterday at 1:58 pm by david f

» Modulated electric fields for submarine communication in a "heads up" from Harry!
self contained compressor and solenoid valve for bladder systems. EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 6:09 am by geofrancis

» 868/915 Mhz as a viable frequency for submarines.
self contained compressor and solenoid valve for bladder systems. EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 5:48 am by tsenecal

» Laser cut Robbe U47 conversion
self contained compressor and solenoid valve for bladder systems. EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 3:40 pm by david f

» ExpressLRS - 868/915 Mhz equipment
self contained compressor and solenoid valve for bladder systems. EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 3:27 pm by tsenecal

» Information on camouflage patterns for German seahund
self contained compressor and solenoid valve for bladder systems. EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 4:36 pm by david f

» WW2 mini sub build
self contained compressor and solenoid valve for bladder systems. EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 1:56 pm by geofrancis

» Not the hobby I expected :)
self contained compressor and solenoid valve for bladder systems. EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:30 pm by cat

» Sheerline gasket material
self contained compressor and solenoid valve for bladder systems. EmptyMon Feb 19, 2024 9:24 pm by Michaelc

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 12449 messages in 1981 subjects

We have 1010 registered users

The newest registered user is Chris Shelley

self contained compressor and solenoid valve for bladder systems.

geofrancis

self contained compressor and solenoid valve for bladder systems. Empty self contained compressor and solenoid valve for bladder systems.

Post  geofrancis Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:37 pm

I found this little pump while looking for pumps to run a miniature firemonitor and bilge pump. I belive its designed to run a blood pressure collar by inflating it and deflating it but it should be ideal for submarine use.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004035107765.html

david f likes this post

geofrancis

self contained compressor and solenoid valve for bladder systems. Empty Re: self contained compressor and solenoid valve for bladder systems.

Post  geofrancis Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:58 pm

I have got an idea for a very basic ROV, its basically a gopro style camera but with its wifi antenna extended to the surface for live video. To control its depth I was going to use a bladder in a bottle that I can suspend the camera from to control its buoyancy.

My plan was to attach a pressure sensor to the camera and use an arduino pid controller to work the compressor and valve to hold depth automatically. but i was thinking and realized that the pressure in the bladder should increase as it goes deeper so rather than having to wire a pressure sensor to the camera can I just monitor the pressure going into the system to work out what depth its at? that way i dont need to run wires to the camera.

david f likes this post

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:17 am