The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For a guide to past events see the "Shows and Events" section.

Papplewick Pumping Station SUBMARINE Day. 31st March - 1st April 2024.

$$$

&&&

::::

Who is online?

In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» Newbie needs advice!
Finally Something good caught on my Camera.  EmptyToday at 1:58 pm by david f

» Modulated electric fields for submarine communication in a "heads up" from Harry!
Finally Something good caught on my Camera.  EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 6:09 am by geofrancis

» 868/915 Mhz as a viable frequency for submarines.
Finally Something good caught on my Camera.  EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 5:48 am by tsenecal

» Laser cut Robbe U47 conversion
Finally Something good caught on my Camera.  EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 3:40 pm by david f

» ExpressLRS - 868/915 Mhz equipment
Finally Something good caught on my Camera.  EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 3:27 pm by tsenecal

» Information on camouflage patterns for German seahund
Finally Something good caught on my Camera.  EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 4:36 pm by david f

» WW2 mini sub build
Finally Something good caught on my Camera.  EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 1:56 pm by geofrancis

» Not the hobby I expected :)
Finally Something good caught on my Camera.  EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:30 pm by cat

» Sheerline gasket material
Finally Something good caught on my Camera.  EmptyMon Feb 19, 2024 9:24 pm by Michaelc

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 12449 messages in 1981 subjects

We have 1010 registered users

The newest registered user is Chris Shelley

5 posters

Finally Something good caught on my Camera.

timgarrod
    AMS Website Webmaster

Finally Something good caught on my Camera.  Empty Finally Something good caught on my Camera.

Post  timgarrod Tue May 03, 2016 9:58 pm

Every time i take my sub out, I always have the camera running and normally on see weed of the bottom of the lake.

couple of weeks ago I was glad I did have it recording.

Now to work on the FPV for my neptune, as this would of been brillant to see first hand and could of followed them.
    tsenecal

Finally Something good caught on my Camera.  Empty Re: Finally Something good caught on my Camera.

Post  tsenecal Tue May 03, 2016 11:18 pm

nicely done.

i have a couple videos like that up on youtube as well... maybe a bit muckier water...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBIsfsLUOEY

pay special attention at/FFWD to the 2:55 mark.
    salmon
    salmon
    AMS Forum Owner

Finally Something good caught on my Camera.  Empty Re: Finally Something good caught on my Camera.

Post  salmon Wed May 04, 2016 2:28 am

Those are not tiny trout, here is one checking out my Gato.
    Finally Something good caught on my Camera.  1Keystone083_zps28ed7390

AMS member

Post  John Wrennall Wed May 04, 2016 3:59 pm

Fish - no problem

Ducks - no problem

But be aware of moronic fishermen who throw unwanted fishing line into the water.

Over half an hour to recover boat but no serious damage (A good reason to have a fuse fitted)

timgarrod
    AMS Website Webmaster

Post  timgarrod Wed May 04, 2016 8:01 pm

brillant video tsenecal.

was the engel gato if so christ they where big.

we are luck as the fisherman are banned from our area.
    salmon
    salmon
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  salmon Thu May 05, 2016 3:44 am

timgarrod wrote:brillant video tsenecal.

was the engel gato if so christ they where big.

we are luck as the fisherman are banned from our area.

This is Keystone Colorado. The beach area and the pond is restricted to mostly no fishing (there were some casting for kids on the far side of the pond.

The Gato is the Revell 1/72 scale.

Post  tsenecal Fri May 06, 2016 8:48 pm

Tim (Garrod)

like "Salmon" (Tom Chalfant) said, its "the" pond at Keystone Colorado, where my local club has its annual regatta.  all the fish there are fat and happy because there is no fishing allowed, but there are "feeders" around the pond, where people can buy fish pellets and feed them.  that's the trick we used,  throw a handful of pellets in front of the camera sub...

the camera sub is a Norbert Brüggen Delta, with a gopro mounted on it:
    Finally Something good caught on my Camera.  Keysto11

another shot with a fish next to my 1/96 Blueback, which is slightly more than 27" long... the fish followed it around like they wanted to be friends with it:
    Finally Something good caught on my Camera.  Keysto10
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Fri May 06, 2016 10:56 pm

HAHA, wanting to "be friends with it" is an understatement Tim. I think they were in love!
    timgarrod
    AMS Website Webmaster

Post  timgarrod Sat May 07, 2016 11:30 am

lol, thing is last week one hit me.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:28 pm