The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For a guide to past events see the "Shows and Events" section.

Papplewick Pumping Station SUBMARINE Day. 31st March - 1st April 2024.

$$$

&&&

::::

Who is online?

In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» Newbie needs advice!
Frsky 900 mhz 24 ghz transmitter  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 1:58 pm by david f

» Modulated electric fields for submarine communication in a "heads up" from Harry!
Frsky 900 mhz 24 ghz transmitter  EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 6:09 am by geofrancis

» 868/915 Mhz as a viable frequency for submarines.
Frsky 900 mhz 24 ghz transmitter  EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 5:48 am by tsenecal

» Laser cut Robbe U47 conversion
Frsky 900 mhz 24 ghz transmitter  EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 3:40 pm by david f

» ExpressLRS - 868/915 Mhz equipment
Frsky 900 mhz 24 ghz transmitter  EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 3:27 pm by tsenecal

» Information on camouflage patterns for German seahund
Frsky 900 mhz 24 ghz transmitter  EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 4:36 pm by david f

» WW2 mini sub build
Frsky 900 mhz 24 ghz transmitter  EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 1:56 pm by geofrancis

» Not the hobby I expected :)
Frsky 900 mhz 24 ghz transmitter  EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:30 pm by cat

» Sheerline gasket material
Frsky 900 mhz 24 ghz transmitter  EmptyMon Feb 19, 2024 9:24 pm by Michaelc

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 12449 messages in 1981 subjects

We have 1010 registered users

The newest registered user is Chris Shelley

3 posters

Frsky 900 mhz 24 ghz transmitter

Michaelc

Frsky 900 mhz 24 ghz transmitter  Empty Frsky 900 mhz 24 ghz transmitter

Post  Michaelc Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:27 pm

Hi. I have been looking for a new transmitter receiver set for my rc submarine. We all no that getting an old 40mhz unit is getting harder.
    So I was interested to read that the new Frsky tandem transmitter can work with submarines. However I am not technically minded at all, so can anyone in the know please let me know if these transmitters will indeed allow submarines to be controlled when under water, and would there be any problems using them in the U.K. alongside other transmitters. Thanks.

geofrancis likes this post

david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

Frsky 900 mhz 24 ghz transmitter  Empty Re: Frsky 900 mhz 24 ghz transmitter

Post  david f Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:41 pm

Hi Michael,

Have a read of this thread, if you haven't already. We are pushing the boundaries of knowledge here so your experiences would be very valuable. I have only used 458 Mhz so far but I am sure someone on here will give some more "hands-on " advice for this frequency.

https://www.theassociationofmodelsubmariners.com/t1842p75-868-915-mhz-as-a-viable-frequency-for-submarines

David
    Michaelc

Frsky 900 mhz 24 ghz transmitter  Empty Thanks

Post  Michaelc Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:57 pm

Thanks for the link, well it looks like it works ok.
    tsenecal

Post  tsenecal Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:41 pm

Michael,

This link specifically details my experiences with the FrSky equipment. I own 4 different FrSky radios, with 2 different generations of 900 mhz equipment. if you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.

https://www.theassociationofmodelsubmariners.com/t2030-frsky-868-915mhz-equipment

david f likes this post

Michaelc

Frsky 900 mhz 24 ghz transmitter  Empty X18

Post  Michaelc Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:48 pm

Well after reading a few comments on various sites I ordered an x18 and receiver ( wife not seen the bill yet). This is going to control a submarine with 5 channels being used for sure, but maybe 6 if I add a few lights. The one thing that puts me off flysky products is that they are more for planes then anything else. I am hoping that I will be able to set up the transmitter within the software to suit the submarine.

david f likes this post

tsenecal

Post  tsenecal Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:09 pm

Michaelc wrote:Well after reading a few comments on various sites I ordered an x18 and receiver ( wife not seen the bill yet). This is going to control a submarine with 5 channels being used for sure, but maybe 6 if I add a few lights. The one thing that puts me off flysky products is that they are more for planes then anything else. I am hoping that I will be able to set up the transmitter within the software to suit the submarine.

Fingers crossed that the receiver you chose was the r9 sx.

You should have no problems setting it up, but it is a world of difference from the robbe f14 you appear to have used prior to it.  again, if you have any questions regarding setup, i am happy to help.

I have both the x20 and the xe, so i am quite familiar with the ethos firmware.

david f likes this post

Michaelc

Frsky 900 mhz 24 ghz transmitter  Empty Need help

Post  Michaelc Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:33 pm

Hi, ok tried to do the following. First bind the receiver to the transmitter. The receiver is a TD6R as I wish to use the 900mhz band. So after a bit of fooling around I got the flashing green led to turn to a solid blue and the name of the receiver to show up within the transmitter.
    So I plugged in all the servos and tried to get something moving and well nothing moves.
    How do I make sure that the transmitter and receiver are paired for the only model I have on the transmitter. And how do I make the controls work. Sorry to be a pain. But I have no idea at all what I am doing here.

david f likes this post

tsenecal

Post  tsenecal Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:55 am

Michaelc wrote:Hi, ok tried to do the following. First bind the receiver to the transmitter. The receiver is a TD6R as I wish to use the 900mhz band. So after a bit of fooling around I got the flashing green led to turn to a solid blue and the name of the receiver to show up within the transmitter.
    So I plugged in all the servos and tried to get something moving and well nothing moves.
    How do I make sure that the transmitter and receiver are paired for the only model I have on the transmitter. And how do I make the controls work. Sorry to be a pain. But I have no idea at all what I am doing here.

It sounds like you need a quick class in how to set up a model in Ethos, the firmware that FrSky uses on it tandem radios...

although this is specifically aimed at model airplane flyers, the basics are the same...  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFNnmAfSGqM

If you follow along with the video, and still can't get it to work, let me know.

david f likes this post

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:33 am