The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For a guide to past events see the "Shows and Events" section.

Papplewick Pumping Station SUBMARINE Day. 31st March - 1st April 2024.

$$$

&&&

::::

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

geofrancis

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» No reverse on Brushless ESC
Flight controllers as sub levelers - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 3:26 pm by geofrancis

» Peral Submarine of 1888
Flight controllers as sub levelers - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 11:16 am by david f

» Newbie needs advice!
Flight controllers as sub levelers - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 1:58 pm by david f

» Modulated electric fields for submarine communication in a "heads up" from Harry!
Flight controllers as sub levelers - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 6:09 am by geofrancis

» 868/915 Mhz as a viable frequency for submarines.
Flight controllers as sub levelers - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 5:48 am by tsenecal

» Laser cut Robbe U47 conversion
Flight controllers as sub levelers - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 3:40 pm by david f

» ExpressLRS - 868/915 Mhz equipment
Flight controllers as sub levelers - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 3:27 pm by tsenecal

» Information on camouflage patterns for German seahund
Flight controllers as sub levelers - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 4:36 pm by david f

» WW2 mini sub build
Flight controllers as sub levelers - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 1:56 pm by geofrancis

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 12452 messages in 1983 subjects

We have 1010 registered users

The newest registered user is Chris Shelley

4 posters

Flight controllers as sub levelers

geofrancis

Flight controllers as sub levelers - Page 3 Empty Re: Flight controllers as sub levelers

Post  geofrancis Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:33 pm

well that was a fail, I started doing some basic tests but the barometer kept slowly moving indicating a leak, I gave it a coat of superglue but the leak remained. So I eventually just put the whole thing underwater to see where it was coming from, to my surprise the connector started bubbling. turns out the air was going though the wires insulation to the outside. so this time i have stripped it down and conformal coated the whole board apart from the sensor ports, this should also seal around the wires.

david f likes this post

geofrancis

Flight controllers as sub levelers - Page 3 Empty Re: Flight controllers as sub levelers

Post  geofrancis Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:39 pm

Flight controllers as sub levelers - Page 3 20240110
    Flight controllers as sub levelers - Page 3 20240111
    Progress!

I have rebuilt the barometer chamber. But this time I have used some high strength clear adhesive. And I packed it so there was only a tiny air gap around the  sensors so there is no way for the air to get to the wires.

david f likes this post

17b

Post  17b Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:04 pm

Does it work now as expected?

geofrancis likes this post

geofrancis

Post  geofrancis Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:24 pm

17b wrote:Does it work now as expected?

I have been giving it some time for the glue to cure before I do any testing but it looks good when i give it a little pressure as its not changing over time. im going to try and get it installed in the sub and tested sometime this weekend. i still need to program the inav controller logic switches to operate the ballast pump. My plan is to have a 3 position switch that changes the output so it can switch between static and dynamic diving depth control, and I still need to install the depth sounder too.

david f and SimonH like this post

17b

Post  17b Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:21 am

Are you going to use telemetry as feedback?

geofrancis likes this post

geofrancis

Post  geofrancis Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:55 am

17b wrote:Are you going to use telemetry as feedback?

yes im running a frsky r9 868mhz receiver with telemetry.