The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For a guide to past events see the "Shows and Events" section.

Papplewick Pumping Station SUBMARINE Day. 31st March - 1st April 2024.

$$$

&&&

::::

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» Newbie needs advice!
Thunder tiger submarine  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 1:58 pm by david f

» Modulated electric fields for submarine communication in a "heads up" from Harry!
Thunder tiger submarine  EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 6:09 am by geofrancis

» 868/915 Mhz as a viable frequency for submarines.
Thunder tiger submarine  EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 5:48 am by tsenecal

» Laser cut Robbe U47 conversion
Thunder tiger submarine  EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 3:40 pm by david f

» ExpressLRS - 868/915 Mhz equipment
Thunder tiger submarine  EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 3:27 pm by tsenecal

» Information on camouflage patterns for German seahund
Thunder tiger submarine  EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 4:36 pm by david f

» WW2 mini sub build
Thunder tiger submarine  EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 1:56 pm by geofrancis

» Not the hobby I expected :)
Thunder tiger submarine  EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:30 pm by cat

» Sheerline gasket material
Thunder tiger submarine  EmptyMon Feb 19, 2024 9:24 pm by Michaelc

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 12449 messages in 1981 subjects

We have 1010 registered users

The newest registered user is Chris Shelley

2 posters

Thunder tiger submarine

Michaelc

Thunder tiger submarine  Empty Thunder tiger submarine

Post  Michaelc Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:05 pm

Hi chaps, I just purchased a Thunder tiger for a bit of fun. First test in the gold fish pond found that the front section which is not sealed from the water makes the sub nose heavy as it fills with water dragging the sub down. As anyone on the forum who owns a Thunder tiger and knows how to over come this problem please let me know how they dis it. Without the front section the subs works fine.thanks

david f likes this post

salmon
    salmon
    AMS Forum Owner

Thunder tiger submarine  Empty Re: Thunder tiger submarine

Post  salmon Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:54 pm

The dome in the front does fill with water, it is supposed to. I added larger holes to drain quicker when I pick it up. Water leaking past the plate in the front is bad. The balancing will come from the weights on the bottom of the sub. There are round disks that you can move forward or backward to get you sub leveled out. on the surface you need very little out of the water.

I do own and love my Neptune.
    Here are some mods I did: https://forum.rc-sub.com/forum/builder-threads/2740-thunder-tiger-neptune-sb-1

Thunder tiger submarine  Empty Thanks

Post  Michaelc Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:14 am

Hi, thanks. I will open up the drain holes at the front and rebalance the sub in the bath tub. The only add on is a GoPro 7 camera. I may add some more lights at a later date. But it looks like it will be fun playing around with it.
    salmon
    salmon
    AMS Forum Owner

Thunder tiger submarine  Empty Re: Thunder tiger submarine

Post  salmon Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:24 pm

Michaelc wrote:Hi, thanks. I will open up the drain holes at the front and rebalance the sub in the bath tub. The only add on is a GoPro 7 camera. I may add some more lights at a later date. But it looks like it will be fun playing around with it.
    You will need to counter the weight or add buoyancy of the gopro. If you mount the GoPro behind the dome, you can make any floatation or weights removable with the camera. That way the main ballast weights are not constantly moving depending on you running setup.

Thunder tiger submarine  Empty Gopro

Post  Michaelc Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:32 pm

Hi, I am going to mount the GoPro on top the sub. By removing the dome section allows me to mount the camera on the flat section. I also have the front video camera. However you need to run the lead from the camera to the screen, and the GoPro is a much better camera with better resolution. The sub will be back in the fish pond over the weekend to test the camera out.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:55 am