The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For a guide to past events see the "Shows and Events" section.

Papplewick Pumping Station SUBMARINE Day. 31st March - 1st April 2024.

$$$

&&&

::::

Who is online?

In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» Information on camouflage patterns for German seahund
The Model Show - indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 15,16th September 2018 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 4:36 pm by david f

» WW2 mini sub build
The Model Show - indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 15,16th September 2018 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 1:56 pm by geofrancis

» Not the hobby I expected :)
The Model Show - indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 15,16th September 2018 EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:30 pm by cat

» 868/915 Mhz as a viable frequency for submarines.
The Model Show - indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 15,16th September 2018 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 4:50 pm by tsenecal

» Sheerline gasket material
The Model Show - indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 15,16th September 2018 EmptyMon Feb 19, 2024 9:24 pm by Michaelc

» Choice of CAD software and Printer for 3D printing
The Model Show - indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 15,16th September 2018 EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 1:53 pm by david f

» Engel Nautlus
The Model Show - indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 15,16th September 2018 EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 9:15 am by palmert6

» RF 27/433MHz maximum depth in pools (1-5 ppm chlorine, 6-8pH)
The Model Show - indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 15,16th September 2018 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 2:05 pm by david f

» Arduino proportional control of a piston tank
The Model Show - indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 15,16th September 2018 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 1:37 pm by david f

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 12425 messages in 1980 subjects

We have 1003 registered users

The newest registered user is Stefan Udovenko КПДЮ

The Model Show - indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 15,16th September 2018

david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

The Model Show - indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 15,16th September 2018 Empty The Model Show - indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 15,16th September 2018

Post  david f Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:35 pm

I went to this last year when it was a winter show. (See the entry in this section.)

Well it is now being held in September - so no chance of snow like last year!?

If you really want to sail your sub in a swimming pool then this has to be worth going to. If it is arranged like last year then you will get 2 half hour sailing sessions per day, with no entry fee as an exhibitor and a free lunch. So only your petrol money (groan) to find.

The helpful organiser allows individual entries for even one session.

You need to register on the website.

It is worth remembering that the general public are watching (quite a good crowd last year.) so you need to put on a good show. (But actually the public's fascination with model subs seems to remain undiminished over the years.)

http://www.themodelshow.co.uk/?page_id=1271

Extract from website follows:
    "Again our maritime section is open to individual entrants, as a static display and/or preferably as operating models in the swimming pool in one or all of the four sessions over the weekend. Maritime modelers wishing to exhibit should contact us via this websites ‘email button’ to receive full details and an application form, entries are upon a first booked basis and close at 22.00hrs Thursday prior to the show!"

David
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

The Model Show - indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 15,16th September 2018 Empty Re: The Model Show - indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 15,16th September 2018

Post  david f Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:23 pm

I sent off my entry form some months ago - but no reply. But I have just had a reply from Mark today. There will probably be a couple of us there on the Sunday. If you would like to go, I suggest that you contact Mark as an independent modeller. Exhibition Manager- Mark Henshaw, e-mail: markhenshaw@tiscali.co.uk…
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

The Model Show - indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 15,16th September 2018 Empty Re: The Model Show - indoor swimming pool sailing - Poynton,Stockport 15,16th September 2018

Post  david f Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:42 am

It was a good event with very useful (to us) pool access. See the photos etc in "Pictures of events."

I just thought it would be useful to make some notes here about next year's show.

I spoke with Mark the Organiser at the show and asked him about my entry form not being replied to. He apologised and said that they had had server problems and a lot of emails went astray. (It happens!)

He did reply to emails from Paul and Me but only a the last minute.

He stressed that there would be a show next year with the same setup.

So if you want to sail your sub in a swimming pool this remains a useful and low cost option (only petrol - they even provide lunch) so I suggest that you put in an individual entry a month or so before September 2019.

David

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:12 am