The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For a guide to past events see the "Shows and Events" section.

Papplewick Pumping Station SUBMARINE Day. 31st March - 1st April 2024.

$$$

&&&

::::

Who is online?

In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» Newbie needs advice!
Dave Wright EmptyToday at 1:58 pm by david f

» Modulated electric fields for submarine communication in a "heads up" from Harry!
Dave Wright EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 6:09 am by geofrancis

» 868/915 Mhz as a viable frequency for submarines.
Dave Wright EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 5:48 am by tsenecal

» Laser cut Robbe U47 conversion
Dave Wright EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 3:40 pm by david f

» ExpressLRS - 868/915 Mhz equipment
Dave Wright EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 3:27 pm by tsenecal

» Information on camouflage patterns for German seahund
Dave Wright EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 4:36 pm by david f

» WW2 mini sub build
Dave Wright EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 1:56 pm by geofrancis

» Not the hobby I expected :)
Dave Wright EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:30 pm by cat

» Sheerline gasket material
Dave Wright EmptyMon Feb 19, 2024 9:24 pm by Michaelc

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 12449 messages in 1981 subjects

We have 1010 registered users

The newest registered user is Chris Shelley

Similar topics

3 posters

Dave Wright

Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Dave Wright Empty Dave Wright

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:26 am

It is with great sadness that I have to announce the death of one of the most dedicated members of the AMS, Dave Wright.

Dave passed away earlier this morning in hospital following a long battle against cancer.

Our thoughts and condolences go out to his wife Muriel, and his family.

Rest in peace, Dave...you will be sorely missed.

Richard

(thanks to Alf Blake for letting me know)
    nigele(ADMIN)2
    nigele(ADMIN)2
    AMS Chairman

Dave Wright Empty Re: Dave Wright

Post  nigele(ADMIN)2 Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:45 pm

A truly great man, and a good friend, he will be missed by all who knew him,the shows will not be quite the same without his larger than life presence.
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

Post  david f Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:37 pm

Sad news.

I have been meeting Dave at Alfold every year for as long as I can remember.

A very helpful, very wise man who will be greatly missed.

David
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:42 am

I've just copied and pasted this from the AMS Facebook page...Emily is Dave's niece, by the way.

Emily Wilcox As David's niece it is lovely to see that this larger than life character has touched so many people's lives. Not too many people knew just how ill David was, but for all that knew him, David was not one to complain. He was a truly fantastic fella and will be missed. I will pass on your comments to Muriel and I'm sure she will be touched by your kind words. We are still awaiting details about the funeral however, I will re post on here for all who would like to be informed if that is ok.

Richard J Huggett That would be fine, Emily...thanks for taking the time to let us all know. David will be badly missed, he was a true stalwart of the AMS, and put a lot of us to shame with his energy and willingness to attend shows.

Thanks again...and feel free to post anything here at any time.

Richard

Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:46 pm

Further updates from Emily on Dave's funeral copied and pasted from our Facebook page.

Emily Wilcox Just an update on David's Funeral. It will take place this Thursday (27th September). There will be a Church service at All Saints Church, Kings Langley at 12.30 followed by the burial, which will take place at Norwoords Cemetary, Chestnut Ave, Middlesex at 2pm. There will be a wake back in Kings Langley at the Rose and Crown pub following the burial. Muriel has been touched by your kind words both on here and via her many, many phone calls from all of David's friends. He will be sadly missed, but not forgotten.

Steve Juden I would have liked to go however I will be on a training course all day Thursday, hope the weather is good for all on the day, best wishes to Muriel, we will phone her sometime over the weekend to check how it went.

Richard J Huggett Thank you Emily, nice of you to keep us all up to date. Please pass my commiserations to Muriel if you wouldn't mind, I hope the day goes off well.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:19 pm