The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For a guide to past events see the "Shows and Events" section.

Papplewick Pumping Station SUBMARINE Day. 31st March - 1st April 2024.

$$$

&&&

::::

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» Information on camouflage patterns for German seahund
Radio box.. EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 4:36 pm by david f

» WW2 mini sub build
Radio box.. EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 1:56 pm by geofrancis

» Not the hobby I expected :)
Radio box.. EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:30 pm by cat

» 868/915 Mhz as a viable frequency for submarines.
Radio box.. EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 4:50 pm by tsenecal

» Sheerline gasket material
Radio box.. EmptyMon Feb 19, 2024 9:24 pm by Michaelc

» Choice of CAD software and Printer for 3D printing
Radio box.. EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 1:53 pm by david f

» Engel Nautlus
Radio box.. EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 9:15 am by palmert6

» RF 27/433MHz maximum depth in pools (1-5 ppm chlorine, 6-8pH)
Radio box.. EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 2:05 pm by david f

» Arduino proportional control of a piston tank
Radio box.. EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 1:37 pm by david f

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 12425 messages in 1980 subjects

We have 1005 registered users

The newest registered user is Les

Radio box..

Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Radio box.. Empty Radio box..

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:06 am

I bought this radio box for a little project I've been working on, inbetween the Skipjack and the X craft. It's designed for 15cc-35cc racing boats, but it looks ideal for submarines, I used the earlier version in the MAP submersible (AKA the Jelly Bean) and it worked fine, so this updated version should be even better.

The box itself seems to be made of a very sturdy plastic material, whereas the earlier versions were of fibreglass construction, the lid is of clear lexan, and comes pre drilled ready to take the (sexy looking mauve coloured) bolts. Inside the box are four mounting pillars, which I plan to fit a styrene tray to. The LiPo battery and the brushless motor will sit under the tray, and the radio equipment will fit in the tray.

Everything you see in the pictures comes with the box for an outlay of just under £19 plus four quid post from Prestwich Models on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360795461136?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Radio box.. Pictur10

Radio box.. Pictur11

Once the project is more advanced, I'll post up some pictures of the box with everything installed.
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Radio box.. Empty Re: Radio box..

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:15 am

"Oh gosh and bother it" I said...tried the radio box in my new project, and it's too damn big! Not by much...maybe 1/2" too wide, and about the same deep, but it's enough that the deck won't fit down on the hull.

The previous version fitted exactly, but when Prestwich changed the design, they must have increased the size slightly...rotten lot! So, it's back to the old style box for now.

As Queen Victoria once said..."we are not amused..."

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:33 am