The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For a guide to past events see the "Shows and Events" section.

Papplewick Pumping Station SUBMARINE Day. 31st March - 1st April 2024.

$$$

&&&

::::

Who is online?

In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» Information on camouflage patterns for German seahund
posting photos - Posting pictures and documents EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 4:36 pm by david f

» WW2 mini sub build
posting photos - Posting pictures and documents EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 1:56 pm by geofrancis

» Not the hobby I expected :)
posting photos - Posting pictures and documents EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:30 pm by cat

» 868/915 Mhz as a viable frequency for submarines.
posting photos - Posting pictures and documents EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 4:50 pm by tsenecal

» Sheerline gasket material
posting photos - Posting pictures and documents EmptyMon Feb 19, 2024 9:24 pm by Michaelc

» Choice of CAD software and Printer for 3D printing
posting photos - Posting pictures and documents EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 1:53 pm by david f

» Engel Nautlus
posting photos - Posting pictures and documents EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 9:15 am by palmert6

» RF 27/433MHz maximum depth in pools (1-5 ppm chlorine, 6-8pH)
posting photos - Posting pictures and documents EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 2:05 pm by david f

» Arduino proportional control of a piston tank
posting photos - Posting pictures and documents EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 1:37 pm by david f

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 12425 messages in 1980 subjects

We have 1005 registered users

The newest registered user is Les

3 posters

Posting pictures and documents

david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

posting photos - Posting pictures and documents Empty Posting pictures and documents

Post  david f Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Hi Richard,

Can WE (i.e registered members) do this.

I tried to post pictures but it says that I need to have them hosted by a third party??

I would also like to post some hydrophone amplifier circuit boards which are .pdf's and some .doc and .txt?

How can I do this?

Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

posting photos - Posting pictures and documents Empty Re: Posting pictures and documents

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:38 pm

To add an image to your posts, follow these instructions to the letter...

First, select your image from your hard drive and have it ready...

When you've finished typing your post and you're ready to add an image, look above the message box and you will see a row of tags, place your cursor on the tag 15th from the left, the one marked "host an image" and left click on it. A window will open saying 'upload your image'...left click on the little box marked 'choose file' and your will be directed to your pictures/documents folder on your pc.
    Left click on the image you wish to add to your post, the image name will appear alongside the 'choose file' box...left click on the small box underneath marked 'host it', wait a couple of seconds and another window will appear giving you three choices marked 'thumbnail' 'image' and 'image url'....left click the centre one marked 'image' and will be highlighted in blue. Left click on the little box alongside it marked 'copy'...move your cursor into the message box, right click and then left click on 'paste'...your image url will appear in the message box.

Scroll down a few turns and you will see two tags marked 'preview' and 'send'....left click on the one marked 'preview' and above you will see how your post will look complete with the image inserted.

Scroll down again and press the tag marked 'send'...you will now have have sent your post plus the image, wait a second and your new post will appear before you.

To add muliple images, just keep following this instruction, remembering to press 'review' every time, it clears the image host box and you can see what your doing.

Ask, and ye shall receive...

(failing that, send them to me and I'll do it for you David.)
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

posting photos - Posting pictures and documents Empty Re: Posting pictures and documents

Post  david f Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:21 am

Thanks Richard! Your very detailed instructions let me upload a .jpg

No luck with any other file format however .pdf .txt etc.

Can we only post images not documents?
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:11 am

Hmm...good point David, answer is...I don't know.

Try converting the files you wish to post to a .jpg or even a .bmp format (just copy and paste), that should then work.
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

Post  david f Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:35 am

Still no joy posting photos to the Forum from home. (Works from the Uni network.)

In answer to Nigel's suggestion I tried turning all Firewalls off (I had the Windows one on) Did not sort the problem.

David
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:28 pm

I really don't know the answer to your problems, David...I can upload pics from three different laptops, a desktop and my iPad. It does get a bit difficult uploading from my iPhone, though...

Can you give me a quick run down on your home pc...and your o/s?
    profesorul
    profesorul

Post  profesorul Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:42 pm

HI,
    @david f,
    May I suggest for these particular case to tray:
    - open the pdf file on hole screen and then make "print screen",
    as I deed in these example:

posting photos - Posting pictures and documents Poza_010

REGARDS MARIUS

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:23 am