The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For a guide to past events see the "Shows and Events" section.

Papplewick Pumping Station SUBMARINE Day. 31st March - 1st April 2024.

$$$

&&&

::::

Who is online?

In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» Information on camouflage patterns for German seahund
Original Darnell Moulds now owned by Mountfleet Models EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 4:36 pm by david f

» WW2 mini sub build
Original Darnell Moulds now owned by Mountfleet Models EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 1:56 pm by geofrancis

» Not the hobby I expected :)
Original Darnell Moulds now owned by Mountfleet Models EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:30 pm by cat

» 868/915 Mhz as a viable frequency for submarines.
Original Darnell Moulds now owned by Mountfleet Models EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 4:50 pm by tsenecal

» Sheerline gasket material
Original Darnell Moulds now owned by Mountfleet Models EmptyMon Feb 19, 2024 9:24 pm by Michaelc

» Choice of CAD software and Printer for 3D printing
Original Darnell Moulds now owned by Mountfleet Models EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 1:53 pm by david f

» Engel Nautlus
Original Darnell Moulds now owned by Mountfleet Models EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 9:15 am by palmert6

» RF 27/433MHz maximum depth in pools (1-5 ppm chlorine, 6-8pH)
Original Darnell Moulds now owned by Mountfleet Models EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 2:05 pm by david f

» Arduino proportional control of a piston tank
Original Darnell Moulds now owned by Mountfleet Models EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 1:37 pm by david f

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 12425 messages in 1980 subjects

We have 1003 registered users

The newest registered user is Stefan Udovenko КПДЮ

2 posters

Original Darnell Moulds now owned by Mountfleet Models

david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

Original Darnell Moulds now owned by Mountfleet Models Empty Original Darnell Moulds now owned by Mountfleet Models

Post  david f Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:35 am

Copy of original post by "Sailingbernie."

Finally got my reply from Mountfleet. It sounds like they are close to advertising their sUbs. Here are the prices they sent me.

Hi
    Hulls for submarines
    German Type XXI U boat U-2511 64" £215
    German Type XXIII U boat 42.75" £205
    German Type WWII U boat Type VIIC 67" £215
    German WWII Biber one man sub 51" £195
    Royal Navy S class (group3) 68.5" £245
    Royal Navy T class (group3) 68.5" £245
    Royal Navy X craft 1942-43 41" £195
    Royal Navy P class 55.75" £225
    Royal Navy U class (group2) 70" £235
    Thanks
    Mountfleet models
    sailingbernie
    AMS member

Original Darnell Moulds now owned by Mountfleet Models Empty update

Post  sailingbernie Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:10 pm

I have sent a request to Mountfleet for an update of their current position regarding production and supply of the sub hulls. I will post results as and when / if
    I get a response.  They did tell me when they sent the price list to say they were making samples from each mold to photograph and would let me have theses as soon as available. That was nine months back so time for a little shove. The hulls remain advertised on a US web site but I can not confirm the availability or what state hulls produced are in. The last time I looked at the  molds they were in need of some serious restoration.

Bernie
    sailingbernie
    AMS member

Original Darnell Moulds now owned by Mountfleet Models Empty Yipee!

Post  sailingbernie Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:59 am

Hi All

I spoke with Adam at Mountfleet today and I am now the proud owner of two Darnell  Sub hulls.  These will be made to order and available for collection at Haydock.

Adam has said he is almost ready to put the sub hull link on the Mountfleet Web site and then they will be fully available made, to order only. We have been lucky the hulls exist as the Sub hull molds were some of the few moldings saved from their workshop fire in Feb 2013.

The hulls that are to be produced by Mountfleet have not been retooled and are the original Darnel moldings and have the same lumps and bumps as we all know and love. Adam says they are such a low volume seller it is not cost effective to re plug and make new molds.

Regards
    Bernie
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

Original Darnell Moulds now owned by Mountfleet Models Empty Re: Original Darnell Moulds now owned by Mountfleet Models

Post  david f Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:17 am

I spoke with Adam at the Haydock Show and he said that Bernie had picked up his hulls.

So the hulls are obviously all available again - which is very good.

Adam also mentioned that he will make bits of the kits (which may have been lost!) to order.

David

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:45 am