* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join register on the forum first then follow the forum link to our membership form which is on our website

For further details of any events shown here also see the "Shows and Events" section on the forum

First event posted for 2019. Thanks and keep 'em coming!

Bournville June 2nd 2019, 10am

. ,

.That's it for this year, folks! See you all in 2019.

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 37 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:27 am

Latest topics

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 10736 messages in 1761 subjects

We have 794 registered users

The newest registered user is JohnMac

engels type ix u boat

hue city

engels type ix u boat

Post  hue city on Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:38 pm

i have under construction--four weeks--an engels type ix u boat--my questions concern the piston tank installation--
    q1-the spade cable connectors on the electric motor and also the micro switches--should i use spade to spade to join the cables or soldering--the spades are large compared to the cable size more so on the micro switches--no spades were supplied---
    q2-any advice prior to soldering the cables to the "pots" on the tanks
    q3-to secure the two tanks with the brackets as supplied it would appear one has to bolt the bracket as supplied to the bottom screw of each tanks re-inforceing strap--after removing the screw first-and then replaceing same screw--is this so
    q4-the fore end of the forward tank and the aft end of the aft tank seem to "just sit" in position--not secured--hence the only solid fastening is the screw connection in my q3-again is this so
    i am in the west of scotland--glasgow 35 miles--if anyone in this area with engels experience would have time / interest in a meet up please advise
    many thanks for all and any assistance in this
    best wishes
    hue city

gingyer

Re: engels type ix u boat

Post  gingyer on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:22 pm

I have not got the experience but there are a few guys at Greenock MBC
    That have built engel subs and run them there if that helps

Current date/time is Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:18 pm