The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For a guide to past events see the "Shows and Events" section.

Papplewick Pumping Station SUBMARINE Day. 31st March - 1st April 2024.

$$$

&&&

::::

Who is online?

In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» Information on camouflage patterns for German seahund
More on Colin Gross's Deep Quest submersible. EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 4:36 pm by david f

» WW2 mini sub build
More on Colin Gross's Deep Quest submersible. EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 1:56 pm by geofrancis

» Not the hobby I expected :)
More on Colin Gross's Deep Quest submersible. EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:30 pm by cat

» 868/915 Mhz as a viable frequency for submarines.
More on Colin Gross's Deep Quest submersible. EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 4:50 pm by tsenecal

» Sheerline gasket material
More on Colin Gross's Deep Quest submersible. EmptyMon Feb 19, 2024 9:24 pm by Michaelc

» Choice of CAD software and Printer for 3D printing
More on Colin Gross's Deep Quest submersible. EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 1:53 pm by david f

» Engel Nautlus
More on Colin Gross's Deep Quest submersible. EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 9:15 am by palmert6

» RF 27/433MHz maximum depth in pools (1-5 ppm chlorine, 6-8pH)
More on Colin Gross's Deep Quest submersible. EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 2:05 pm by david f

» Arduino proportional control of a piston tank
More on Colin Gross's Deep Quest submersible. EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 1:37 pm by david f

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 12425 messages in 1980 subjects

We have 1005 registered users

The newest registered user is Les

2 posters

More on Colin Gross's Deep Quest submersible.

Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

More on Colin Gross's Deep Quest submersible. Empty More on Colin Gross's Deep Quest submersible.

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Wed May 23, 2012 12:11 pm

Guys, you remember Colin Gross and his amazing scratch built submersible "Deep Quest"?

I've just received a very interesting email from Colin about the boat, which I've copied and pasted in it's entirety here.

"Hello Richard.

Earlier this year we exchanged emails about my yellow submarine model of the Deep Quest and you added some info I provided onto your webpage. Amazingly the sub has reappeared! A friend of mine spotted it at an exhibition recently and it is now owned by Nigel Olrog and his number is (I have the phone number should anyone want it). I talked to him last night and he is trying to put it back together again, but also said that he may take it to a model boat show and see if any of the submariners may like to buy it as he is not sure if he can rebuild it. Apparently its almost complete, including the transmitter. The motors and some servos still operate, but the batteries are all duff (not surprising after all those years of neglect). Likewise some of the wiring has rotted out, as if you remember I said that Slough RC Models had managed to flood it and then never dried it out.

If you are interested it may be worthwhile giving Nigel a call. I've attached the photos my friend took at the exhibition.

Regards,

Colin Gross."

More on Colin Gross's Deep Quest submersible. Img_2310
    More on Colin Gross's Deep Quest submersible. Img_2311
    More on Colin Gross's Deep Quest submersible. Img_2313
    More on Colin Gross's Deep Quest submersible. Img_2314
    More on Colin Gross's Deep Quest submersible. Img_2315
    More on Colin Gross's Deep Quest submersible. Img_2316
    More on Colin Gross's Deep Quest submersible. Img_2317
    More on Colin Gross's Deep Quest submersible. Img_2318

What a tale, eh? After all these years it reappears!
    Should anyone show an interest in this awesome boat, please pm me for Nigel's phone number.
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

More on Colin Gross's Deep Quest submersible. Empty Re: More on Colin Gross's Deep Quest submersible.

Post  david f Wed May 23, 2012 1:45 pm

Wow - now that's what I call Veroboard!

David

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 pm