The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For a guide to past events see the "Shows and Events" section.

Papplewick Pumping Station SUBMARINE Day. 31st March - 1st April 2024.

$$$

&&&

::::

Who is online?

In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» Information on camouflage patterns for German seahund
Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 4:36 pm by david f

» WW2 mini sub build
Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 1:56 pm by geofrancis

» Not the hobby I expected :)
Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:30 pm by cat

» 868/915 Mhz as a viable frequency for submarines.
Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 4:50 pm by tsenecal

» Sheerline gasket material
Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought EmptyMon Feb 19, 2024 9:24 pm by Michaelc

» Choice of CAD software and Printer for 3D printing
Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 1:53 pm by david f

» Engel Nautlus
Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 9:15 am by palmert6

» RF 27/433MHz maximum depth in pools (1-5 ppm chlorine, 6-8pH)
Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 2:05 pm by david f

» Arduino proportional control of a piston tank
Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 1:37 pm by david f

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 12425 messages in 1980 subjects

We have 1005 registered users

The newest registered user is Les

3 posters

Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought

profesorul
    profesorul

Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought Empty Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought

Post  profesorul Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:48 pm

HI too ALL:
    -I would like ask those more experienced modelers to share with us their experience regarding the most common and usual materials for molds / molding materials for small forms.
    -for example how to cast the parts that give us headaches always:
    Planes/dive rudders/Conning tower/radar antennas and others like that;
    -and if is NOT against Forum Policy where you can buy;
    Yours
    MARIUS
    nigele(ADMIN)2
    nigele(ADMIN)2
    AMS Chairman

Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought Empty Re: Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought

Post  nigele(ADMIN)2 Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:05 pm

Marius,

Check out the build log for the CSS Pioneer, just getting to that stage now.

Nigele.
    profesorul
    profesorul

Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought Empty Re: Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought

Post  profesorul Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:28 pm

THANK YOU for the guidance (I know the subject I was watching him),But I thought to gather as much information as possible,together for on this topic to be studied more easily.
    I think it wheel be more easy to follow some basic steps and explanations,instead to look for them all over the different forums and topics,don't You think?!.
    Is my opinion.
    What do You say?.
    MARIUS
    nigele(ADMIN)2
    nigele(ADMIN)2
    AMS Chairman

Post  nigele(ADMIN)2 Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:21 pm

Marius,

Just keep watching, I have already showed how to make a rubber mould, a hard case hull mould, and at the moment I am making a casting mould for the dive planes, and various other small moulds.

Nigele.
    profesorul
    profesorul

Post  profesorul Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:42 pm

OK,I wheel.
    Marius
    salmon
    salmon
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  salmon Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:31 am

Marius,
    here is a link to get you started.
    http://www.alumilite.com/Category.cfm?Category=Casting%20Resins

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 pm