* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join register on the forum first then follow the forum link to our membership form which is on our website

For further details of any events shown here also see the "Shows and Events" section on the forum

Thanks for notification of events and keep 'em coming!

. ,

;:

,./
.Model Boat Convention (Exhibition), 24,25 August

. Bournville Dive-In (2) MBC, 15th September

Barrow in Furness MBC regatta and submarine event, Sunday 22nd Sept 2019,10am

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 94 on Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:03 am

Latest topics

» Thank You To Grantham Model Boat Club
Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 5:39 pm by timgarrod

» Grantham Car pass
Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 7:56 am by david f

» upgrading the SSY 1/96 ALFA kit
Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 6:06 pm by merriman

» U3008 brass plaque
Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 1:04 pm by warspoils

» New Owner of Sheerline Sub's
Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 9:18 am by david f

» Pinger 3 - Distance measurement (Triangulation, Transponders and Clocks on Board)
Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 9:12 am by david f

» Assembling the excellent Scale Shipyards 1/96 SSBN, USS Daniel Webster
Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought EmptyMon Aug 05, 2019 5:00 pm by merriman

» John Lambert Plans
Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 2:03 pm by salmon

» Norwich MBC Submarine, Boating & Sailing Weekend, 2019
Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 11:37 am by david f

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 10890 messages in 1786 subjects

We have 817 registered users

The newest registered user is captainnick

Similar topics

Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought

profesorul
    profesorul

Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought Empty Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought

Post  profesorul on Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:48 pm

HI too ALL:
    -I would like ask those more experienced modelers to share with us their experience regarding the most common and usual materials for molds / molding materials for small forms.
    -for example how to cast the parts that give us headaches always:
    Planes/dive rudders/Conning tower/radar antennas and others like that;
    -and if is NOT against Forum Policy where you can buy;
    Yours
    MARIUS
    nigele(ADMIN)2
    nigele(ADMIN)2
    AMS Chairman

Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought Empty Re: Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought

Post  nigele(ADMIN)2 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:05 pm

Marius,

Check out the build log for the CSS Pioneer, just getting to that stage now.

Nigele.
    profesorul
    profesorul

Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought Empty Re: Mold materials/Cast Materials/How to use/Where can be Bought

Post  profesorul on Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:28 pm

THANK YOU for the guidance (I know the subject I was watching him),But I thought to gather as much information as possible,together for on this topic to be studied more easily.
    I think it wheel be more easy to follow some basic steps and explanations,instead to look for them all over the different forums and topics,don't You think?!.
    Is my opinion.
    What do You say?.
    MARIUS
    nigele(ADMIN)2
    nigele(ADMIN)2
    AMS Chairman

Post  nigele(ADMIN)2 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:21 pm

Marius,

Just keep watching, I have already showed how to make a rubber mould, a hard case hull mould, and at the moment I am making a casting mould for the dive planes, and various other small moulds.

Nigele.
    profesorul
    profesorul

Post  profesorul on Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:42 pm

OK,I wheel.
    Marius
    salmon
    salmon
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  salmon on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:31 am

Current date/time is Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:24 pm