* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join register on the forum first then follow the forum link to our membership form which is on our website

For further details of any events shown here also see the "Shows and Events" section on the forum

Let us know of your plans for 2018 and we will promote them on this Forum

, Papplewick Pumping Station Easter Sunday & Monday 1,2 April 2018

. .

.Norwich MBC Weekend 28,29 July 2018

,The Model Show,Poynton, Stockport (with swimming pool) 15,16th September 2018

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 37 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:27 am

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 10398 messages in 1691 subjects

We have 739 registered users

The newest registered user is paulstel

Seen THIS?

Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Seen THIS?

Post  Tom(ADMIN) on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:59 pm

Four channel 40MhzFM tx and 5 channel rx for £20 plus a fiver postage...can't be bad at that price. I've just bought one for the little Kilo, that will free up my HiTec Optic 6 for the LA.

Look HERE

Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Re: Seen THIS?

Post  Tom(ADMIN) on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:42 am

The radio arrived earlier this morning...very impressed with it. To be honest, I was expecting one of those cheap n' cheerful radio sets, but once I'd unwrapped it, it's anything but.

The tx: A nice comfortable to hold case, the adjustable length metal sticks are very smooth to operate, the trims are nice and easy to use, servo reverse switches on the front panel are easy to get at, but not that easy so you'll continually catch them with your sleeve, and the battery compartment lid opens easily. There is a charge socket on the side of the case, so you can fit a set of rechargable batteries as I did. A nice sized battery meter and four warning lights are fitted to the front of the case, just where your eye expects them to be.

The rx: This is a tiny little piece of equipment, sealed in shrink wrap, with the servo sockets in the right place, and an easily accessible crystal should you need to change frequency. The aerial wire is nice and flexible, so won't cause you any problems when threading it into a comb, or however you intend to set it up.

Overall...for twenty pounds plus five pounds postage, you really can't go wrong. I've just ordered another one...
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

Post  david f on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:46 pm

It is very good that this type of deal is available, when you think about our previous gloomy discussions on the future of 40MHz equipment.
    (I'm tempted but I already have two 40Mhz Futabas tucked away.)

Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:57 pm

I was very impressed with them, David...there's no bells and whistles obviously, no onboard computers, but just a good basic four channel radio. To my way of thinking, these radios are absolutely ideal for plastic kit conversions, this one is being installed in my little Kilo, the tiny rx is just perfect for the confines of the cylinder.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:42 pm