* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join register on the forum first then follow the forum link to our membership form which is on our website

For further details of any events shown here also see the "Shows and Events" section on the forum

Let us know of your plans for 2018 and we will promote them on this Forum

Looking forward to 2018. In the meantime have a look at the "Photos of events sections" for those memories of last summer!

. .

Who is online?

In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 37 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:27 am

Latest topics

» Help to identify WW2 British subs (war graves?) off Tunisia
Yesterday at 11:24 am by david f

» openLRS and 2.4 Ghz and Submarines
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:25 am by david f

» Model Boats Magazine October 2017
Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:50 pm by david f

» U32 (class 212A submarine) in swimming bath at Langwedel
Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:40 pm by david f

» Bournville Sep 2017
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:28 pm by timgarrod

» Model Sub Related Events for 2017
Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:00 am by david f

» Haydock Park 2017
Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:08 pm by david f

» Going Brushless?
Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:55 pm by david f

» Barrow in Furness MBC regatta and sub day
Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:46 pm by david f

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 10336 messages in 1676 subjects

We have 734 registered users

The newest registered user is LenaMax24

Has Anyone Made a USN DSRV or Japanese One

george jure

Has Anyone Made a USN DSRV or Japanese One

Post  george jure on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:00 am

Hello

I was just wondering and looking through ALL the posts here but could not find anything about this so I posted the question.

Has anyone built an R.C Static U.S.N DSRV or the Japanese version and while I`m at it the Russian version?

I know FX in the U.S has the ALVIN and built a nice size DSRV for a customer BUT according to them, they were coming out with a DSRV for sale BUT I don`t think I will see one in my life time, it`s economics with FX for the delay.

So has someone here built or planning on building one? What about some of the scientific versions from Japan or Russia for deep diving, it`s different, not too many out there, outside of Japan.

Please let me know and Thanks for Reading this post.

George
    merriman

Re: Has Anyone Made a USN DSRV or Japanese One

Post  merriman on Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:49 pm

Mark DeAntonio and I talked about me working out the mechanics for his DSRV -- which had stunning detail -- about ten years ago. Nothing has transpired to date. Sorry. As you say, 'economics'. Five thrusters, four of them mixed. Man! that would have been a blast.

David

george jure

Post  george jure on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:35 am

Hi David

Thanks for the bad news confirmation. I don`t know if you are aware but at FX, I believe his name is Marc, said the delay was because he was waiting on you for the prop details etc. He had a finished hull but made it sound like you were the hold up.

George
    merriman

Post  merriman on Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:27 am

george jure wrote:  Hi David

Thanks for the bad news confirmation. I don`t know if you are aware but at FX, I believe his name is Marc, said the delay was because he was waiting on you for the prop details etc. He had a finished hull but made it sound like you were the hold up.

George

News to me. But it would not be the first ball I dropped. Yes, Marc with a 'c'. Thanks for the correction.

David

george jure

Post  george jure on Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:37 am

Hi David

Thanks for the replies. How about letting me know what the size of your 1.25" S.D is with a ballast tank is for scale diving? ALL I am after is the compartment sizes: Engine room, Ballast tank, Battery and OAL. I want to try to convert a 1/350 Typhoon to Static diver.

George
    merriman

Post  merriman on Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:08 pm

george jure wrote:Hi David

Thanks for the replies. How about letting me know what the size of your 1.25" S.D is with a ballast tank is for scale diving? ALL I am after is the compartment sizes: Engine room, Ballast tank, Battery and OAL. I want to try to convert a 1/350 Typhoon to Static diver.

George

The ballast tank equipped 1.25" SD is still in development. It will be offered with the maximum sized ballast tank, suitable for the Revell 1/144 TYPHOON kit. It will be up to the owner to cut back on the cylinder to achieve the ballast tank volume correct for his particular model.

About 15" long, but subject to change as I near freezing the design.

David

george jure

Post  george jure on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:05 am

merriman wrote:

George

The ballast tank equipped 1.25" SD is still in development. It will be offered with the maximum sized ballast tank, suitable for the Revell 1/144 TYPHOON kit. It will be up to the owner to cut back on the cylinder to achieve the ballast tank volume correct for his particular model.

David

Hi David

Well your reply had me surprised, a Revell 1/144 Typhoon kit, I did a google search and found nothing. Can you show a source for one?

As for the S.D Length o.k, dia. o.k. How about Engine room, ballast tank at max.?

Thanks Again for the help.

George
    merriman

Post  merriman on Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:11 am

george jure wrote:
    merriman wrote:

George

David

Hi David

Well your reply had me surprised, a Revell 1/144 Typhoon kit, I did a google search and found nothing. Can you show a source for one?

As for the S.D Length o.k, dia. o.k. How about Engine room, ballast tank at max.?

Thanks Again for the help.

George

Or, was that 1/350th?.....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:15 pm